Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency
The coat of arms of Kammarkollegiet
|Parent agency||Ministry of Finance|
The Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency (Swedish: Kammarkollegiet) is a Swedish administrative authority under the Ministry of Finance. Established in 1539 by King Gustav Vasa, it is the oldest public agency in Sweden.
It is tasked with providing various services within the public sector, in particular qualified legal and economic expertise, public administration, asset- and risk management. Kammarkollegiet represents the State in indemnity cases, speaks on behalf of the public in certain cases involving the Environmental Code, and in other matters as decided by the Chancellor of Justice. The agency is also responsible for the registration of religious communities, the appointment of those entitled to officiate weddings, setting rates for funeral charges, the authorisation of travel guarantees and use of interpreters and translators. Kammarkollegiet also monitors the State Inheritance Fund's interests and manages its capital. In addition to this, the agency also deals with changes to the regional division of Sweden, and exemptions from the testamentary provisions governing foundations.
- "Regleringsbrev" (in Swedish). Swedish National Financial Management Authority. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Förordning (2007:824) med instruktion för Kammarkollegiet" (in Swedish). The Riksdag. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Kammarkollegiet". Kammarkollegiet. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Ordinance on Registration of Religious Communities" (PDF). The Government of Sweden. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Den kommunala indelningen" (PDF) (in Swedish). Kammarkollegiet. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- Kammarkollegiet - Official Site (Swedish)