Legally Blind (TV series)
|Created by||Pam Miras|
|Directed by||Ricky Davao|
|Creative director(s)||Roy Iglesias|
|Opening theme||"Pangarap" by Maricris Garcia|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||93|
|Executive producer(s)||Michele R. Borja|
|Producer(s)||Arlene D. Pilapil|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMA Entertainment TV|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||February 20– June 30, 2017|
Legally Blind is a 2017 Philippine television drama series broadcast by GMA Network. Directed by Ricky Davao, it stars Janine Gutierrez. It premiered on February 20, 2017 on the network's Afternoon Prime line up replacing Hahamakin ang Lahat and worldwide on GMA Pinoy TV. The series concluded on June 30, 2017 with a total of 93 episodes. It was replaced by Impostora in its timeslot.
Grace Evangelista becomes blind after being raped, and she vows to get the culprit put behind bars. As she schemes her revenge she undergoes further trials, experiences and deaths as she unravels the truth and discover the mystery behind the other victims, including her family and loved ones.
Cast and characters
- Janine Gutierrez as Atty. Grace Evangelista-Villareal
- She is a Cum Laude graduate of her course of Media in Business and Laws and also a successful attorney. Courteous, polite, lovable and believable oldest daughter on her family. After visiting a bar with her sister Charie, she drinks a margarita infused with sleeping pills. This causes her to become dizzy as she stumbles into the comfort room. The boss of the bar, William kidnaps and takes her to a secret place, where he rapes her. Although she escaped from her rapist, Grace loses her eyesight and becomes legally blind. She later discovers that her boyfriend, Joel, has been cheating on her with Charie. Grace vows to do everything for her family and avenge herself from the tragedy. Her father's eyes was supposed to be donated to her, but unfortunately it wasn't applicable. She is now the wife of Edward and the mother of Charina Villareal that still seeks for revenge through many years.
- Mikael Daez as Atty. Edward Villareal
- He is Grace's good friend and the one who helped Grace to rise and get revenge. He first met Grace after she bumped into him while learning the Bar exam passers. The second time he meets her, she is now his client after being raped. He is caring towards his family especially to his brother lost in the wrong path. He and Grace relates to each other as the hero in their family, well except for Grace being the oldest with her two siblings while Edward, younger with his only brother. He later became the fianceé of Grace after he proposed to her amidst the hindrance of his parents. Due to his evil brother William, he was kidnapped and beaten by his brother's goons. The beating caused trauma to his mind, prompting him to take medications. However, William tampers with his medicines and everyone assumes he is sick. He is now the husband of Grace and the father of Charina Villareal.
- Lauren Young as Charie Evangelista
- Grace's younger sister. Jealous, arrogant, lazy, cunning, and selfish. She hates Grace ever since. She stole Joel to make Grace life miserable and later became a suspect of her sister's kidnap and rape. She later becomes William's girlfriend and eventual fianceé. Although her family always cared for her, she rejects them because she believes they will also prefer Grace over her. After leaving her home, she crosses paths with William and enters a relationship with him. She and William seeks sympathy to their family. She is the main female antagonist of the series. Charie later revealed that she was only adopted, and she later reformed. She died after her chest was impaled after being shoved by William.
- Marc Abaya as William Villareal
- Edward's older brother, the boss of the bar and the primary villainous suspect of raping and torturing Grace. He will later meet and eventually will fall in love with Charie, the sister of Grace whom he raped. He even used his friend Marcus as a suspect in raping and torturing Grace and eventually killed for his silence. He is lost in the wrong path of bewilderness. No one in his family except his mother shows care or sympathy to him until he asked for fake forgiveness to his family. He would do everything in evil ways to keep himself as an "innocent" person though Grace and her supporters' advances. Edward hates him because of what he did to Grace. He is the main male antagonist of the series. William, alongside Charie, later revealed that he was only adopted. He now is arrested and sent to a mental asylum.
- Rodjun Cruz as Joel Apostol
- Ex-boyfriend of Grace. He is also graduating student in college in his course of Media in Business and Laws but later he did not pass the bar exam. He and Charie became lovers and betrayed Grace in which lead to Grace became a victim of a tragedy that made him a suspect with Charie. He later returns as the Marcus' lawyer, the primary suspect of Grace's rapist. He was tortured by William due to contacting Grace. Joel later reformed to help Grace get revenge.
- Chanda Romero as Marissa Reyes-Evangelista:
- She is Grace, Nina, and Charie's lovable, caring, and happy mother. She believes Grace's opportunity but sometimes she's getting worried about Charie. She is also the one who helps Grace to get revenge.
- Camille Torres as Elizabeth Guevarra
- She is the newfound friend of Charie and the ex-girlfriend of Edward. She is also the cunning lover of William who will make Grace life's miserable. She will later steal Edward and becomes a rival to Grace. She is the secondary female antagonist of the series.
- Therese Malvar as Nina Evangelista
- The supportive and jolly youngest sister of Grace. She died when she was stabbed by a drunk man.
- Lucho Ayala as John Castillo
- The supportive best friend of Edward. He is the boyfriend of Diana.
- Ashley Rivera as Diana Perez
- The supportive best friend of Grace. She is the girlfriend of John.
- Madeleine Nicolas as Stella Villareal
- The Villareal clan's light of the house, Edward and William's mother.
- Menggie Cobarrubias as Anton Villareal
- The Villareal clan's column of the house, Edward and William's father.
- Ricky Davao as Manuel Evangelista
- He is the father of Grace, Nina, and Charie and a husband to Marissa. He was the one very excited and proud as well as Marissa to the success of Grace in her law studies. He was framed-up as a kidnapper that made him be imprisoned for 10 years. He died due to a heart attack after he knew the torment happened to Grace that made Charie blame her sister.
- Ashley Cabrera as young Grace
- Denise Barbacena as Sabrina
- Max Collins as Darlene Santos-Aguirre
- Thea Tolentino as Maricar Nuevo
- Paolo Gumabao as Chanston Aguirre
- Rolly Innocencio as Lawyer
- Dexter Doria as Martha
- Dex Quindoza as Morgan Campos
- Rob Sy as Marcus
- Julianna Richards as young Charie
- Rafael Siguion-Reyna as Henry
According to AGB Nielsen Philippines' Nationwide Urban Television Audience Measurement ratings, the pilot episode of Legally Blind earned a 12% rating. While the final episode scored a 6.2% rating in Nationwide Urban Television Audience Measurement People in television homes.
|Ecuador||Oromar Televisión||Legalmente Ciega||April 25, 2018|||
- "Legally Blind - A million stories for a billion people - HOOQ". Retrieved August 17, 2017.
- Ching, Mark Angelo (December 31, 2017). "PEP YEARENDER 2017: Top Rating Pilot Episodes in Daytime, according to AGB". Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- Anarcon, James Patrick (July 3, 2017). "How did Janine Gutierrez's Legally Blind finale fare in AGB ratings?". Retrieved January 24, 2018.
|This Philippine television program-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|