Legend of Hero Tonma
|Legend Of Hero Tonma|
|Platform(s)||Arcade game, PC-Engine, TurboGrafx-16, Virtual Console|
Wii VC: September 4, 2007JP
Wii VC: September 24, 2007NA
Wii VC: September 28, 2007EU
Wii U VC: March 18, 2015JP
Wii U VC: October 12, 2017NA
Wii U VC: October 12, 2017EU
|Mode(s)||Single player, multi-player|
|Arcade system||Irem M72|
The player controls a caped hero named Tommy in his quest to rescue a princess. Tommy can cast fireballs (which can be upgraded in power) to dispatch enemies, and jump on their heads to temporarily stun them.
The arcade game was later ported to the PC-Engine in 1991 and the home console's overseas equivalent, TurboGrafx-16 in 1993. The latter version was re-released on the Wii Virtual Console in North America on September 24, 2007 (delisted on March 30, 2012; returning in September 2013), and in PAL regions on September 28, 2007. The PC-Engine (JP) version has 1991 printed on the card, while the TurboGrafx-16 (U.S.) version has 1993 printed on the card. It is rumored that the North American version of the game was only available via Mail-In order catalogue Turbo Zone Direct between 1993 and 2002. Due to this, Copies Of the game can fetch upwards of $1,000 complete in box. It is the rarest North American HUCARD next to Bonk 3: Bonks Big Adventure and Magical Chase (which were also released in 1993)
In Japan, Game Machine listed Legend of Hero Tonma on their June 1, 1989 issue as being the tenth most-successful table arcade unit of the year.
- "Wii | Virtual Console バーチャルコンソール". www.nintendo.co.jp.
- "Nintendo - Official Site - Video Game Consoles, Games". www.nintendo.com.
- "Legend of Hero Tonma™". Nintendo of Europe GmbH.
- "レジェンド･オブ･ヒーロー･トンマ | Wii U | 任天堂". 任天堂ホームページ.
- "Legend of Hero Tonma for Wii U - Nintendo Game Details". www.nintendo.com.
- "Game Machine's Best Hit Games 25 - テーブル型TVゲーム機 (Table Videos)". Game Machine (in Japanese). No. 357. Amusement Press, Inc. 1 June 1989. p. 21.