Legislative district of Dasmariñas
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The Legislative District of Dasmariñas City is the representation of the city of Dasmariñas, Cavite in the House of Representatives of the Philippines. The district corresponds to the 4th Legislative District of Cavite, which was created on October 22, 2009 just right before the ratification of the Charter of the City of Dasmariñas on November 25, 2009. Prior to being entitled its own representation, the municipality of Dasmariñas was represented in Congress as part of the lone district of Cavite from 1907 to 1972, and as part of Region IV-A in the Interim Batasang Pambansa from 1978 to 1984. From 1984 to 1986, it was represented at the Batasang Pambansa as part of the at-large district of Cavite, and was part of the second district of Cavite in the restored House of Representatives from 1987 to 2010.
- Population (2015): 659,019
- Land Area (km²): 90.13
|Elpidio F. Barzaga, Jr.|
|Jennifer A. Barzaga|
- Congress of the Philippines (2009-10-22). "Republic Act No. 9727" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-02-21. Retrieved 2010-09-02.
- "Republic Act No. 9723" (PDF). 2009-10-15. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-06-11. Retrieved 2010-09-02.
- Manila Bulletin (2009-11-26). "Dasmariñas now Cavite's 4th city". Retrieved 2010-03-06.
- Congress of the Philippines (1987-02-11). "The 1987 Constitution of the Philippines – Ordinance". Retrieved 2010-09-02.