Legislative district of Sarangani
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
The Legislative district of Sarangani is the representation of the province of Sarangani in the various national legislatures of the Philippines. The province is currently represented in the lower house of the Congress of the Philippines through its lone congressional district.
Prior to gaining separate representation, areas now under the jurisdiction of Sarangani were represented under the Department of Mindanao and Sulu (1917–1935), the undivided province of Cotabato (1935–1967), Region XI (1978–1984) and South Cotabato (1967–1972; 1984–1995).
The passage of Republic Act No. 7228 on 16 March 1992 and its subsequent ratification by plebiscite on 11 May 1992 separated the entire third district of South Cotabato to form the new province of Sarangani. South Cotabato's former third district automatically became the representation of Sarangani upon its establishment in 1992, but the new province only elected a representative under its own name beginning in 1995.
- Population (2015): 544,261
|James L. Chiongbian|
|Erwin L. Chiongbian|
|Emmanuel "Manny" D. Pacquiao|
|Rogelio D. Pacquiao|
- Legislative district of Mindanao and Sulu
- Legislative district of Cotabato
- Legislative districts of South Cotabato
- Congress of the Philippines (16 March 1992). "Republic Act No. 7228 - An Act Creating the Province of Sarangani". Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines. Metro Manila, Philippines. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- "Population of Population of Legislative Districts by Region, Province, and Selected Highly Urbanized/Component City: 2015". Philippine Statistics Authority. 2015. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- Congressional Library Bureau. "Roster of Philippine Legislators". Republic of the Philippines, House of Representatives. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- Supreme Court of the Philippines (19 July 1999). "G.R. No. 134015 — JUAN DOMINO, petitioner, vs. COMMISSION ON ELECTIONS, NARCISO Ra. GRAFILO, JR., EDDY B. JAVA, JUAN P. BAYONITO, JR., ROSARIO SAMSON and DIONISIO P. LIM, SR., respondents. LUCILLE CHIONGBIAN-SOLON, intervenor". Supreme Court of the Philippines. Retrieved 23 November 2017.