This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Publisher(s)||Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment|
Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
Lego Worlds is a Lego-themed sandbox game developed by Traveller's Tales and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The game allows players to build constructions in a 3D procedurally generated world. A beta version of the game was released on 1 June 2015 on Steam Early Access. It was released on 7 March 2017 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. A version for Nintendo Switch was released on 5 September 2017 in North America and 8 September 2017 in Europe.
Lego Worlds is a sandbox video game which allows players to build a world made up of Lego bricks. The player is rewarded for collecting objects spread across the map with "studs", an in-game currency. The player can build using the items they have encountered. Players can create their own world by using predefined Lego structures or using the "brick-by-brick editor tool". Players' appearances and outfits are customizable in the game. Terrain and environment can be modified via landscaping tools. A variety of vehicles, such as helicopters, and creatures are featured in the game. A multiplayer option and features for world-sharing have been added to the game through later updates.
Prior to the game's official release, it was teased in the back of a Lego set's construction manual. It was formally announced on 1 June 2015 with a simultaneous early access release on Steam to allow the gaming community to provide feedback for continual improvements and the integration of additional content over time.
- "#LEGOWorlds is blasting off on the #NintendoSwitch on Sept 5! For $39.99, you get the base game and two DLC packs! Pre-order today!". Twitter. Retrieved July 27, 2017.
- "Take your Worlds with you wherever you go! LEGO Worlds launches on the Nintendo Switch on September 8, 2017. @LEGOWorldsGame". Twitter. Retrieved July 27, 2017.
- Saed, Sharif (1 June 2015). "LEGO Worlds officially announced, is Minecraft with LEGO". VG247. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- Chalk, Andy (1 June 2015). "See if you can guess which game Lego Worlds looks like". PC Gamer. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- Crecente, Brian (1 June 2015). "Lego takes on Minecraft with Lego Worlds, in early access now". Polygon. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- Hannley, Steve (27 May 2015). "'LEGO Worlds' Teased by TT Games and WB Interactive". Hardcore Gamer. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- Osborn, Alex (1 June 2015). "Warner Bros. Announces Minecraft Competitor Lego Worlds". IGN. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- deAlessandri, Marie (15 March 2018). "Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice at forefront of BAFTA Games Awards nominations". The Market for Computer & Video Games. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- Makedonski, Brett (12 April 2018). "BAFTA names What Remains of Edith Finch its best game of 2017". Destructoid. Retrieved 13 April 2018.