Legoland Malaysia Resort
|Location||Iskandar Puteri, Johor, Malaysia|
|Operated by||Merlin Entertainments|
|Opened||15 September 2012|
|Area||76 acres (310,000 m2)|
Legoland Malaysia is Malaysia's first international theme park that has opened in Iskandar Puteri, Johor, Malaysia on 15 September 2012 with over 40 interactive rides, shows and attractions. It is the first Legoland theme park in Asia and sixth in the world upon its establishment. The official opening of Legoland Malaysia was made by Sultan Ibrahim Ismail, Sultan of Johor on 22 September 2012.
Besides the Legoland Malaysia, other Lego-themed attractions nearby have opened. The first one to open in 2013, Legoland Water Park, is a Lego-themed water theme park while another one, The Legoland Hotel, a Lego-themed hotel located at the theme park and also the first to open in Southeast Asia, opened in the first half of 2014. The hotel is built under a management agreement between the Company and LL Themed Hotel Sdn Bhd, a joint-venture company owned by Destination Resorts and Hotels Sdn Bhd and Iskandar Harta Holdings Sdn Bhd.
The cost of Legoland Malaysia and the water theme park was RM720 million, while The Legoland Hotel cost RM190 million.
When Legoland Malaysia opened in 2012, it targeted 1.5 million visitors and expected to generate more than RM100 million in the first year of its operation. In September 2017, Legoland Malaysia Resort appointed global digital marketing agency VML to handle all aspects of digital marketing.
According to the reports, In November 2017, Legoland Malaysia Resort launched the world's first Lego virtual reality roller coaster.
This section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (June 2012)
This section does not cite any sources. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Legoland Malaysia's layout starts out with the park's main entrance area with the traditionally main entrance Legoland sight. There is a Legoland shop selling Lego products, toys, sets, DVDs, books and Legoland merchandise and other typical entrance area amenities. Imagination is to the left of the Beginning, which has Interactive Lego games and Lego building, this includes build and test an interactive Lego building attraction where visitors build houses, cars, skyscrapers, etc. After building then you can test them out, Lego Mindstorms a Lego computer games and robotics attraction. Sky cruiser an aerial monorail ride where you control your vehicle by pedaling it around the track above the paths of Legoland Malaysia with incredible views of the city outside Legoland complex and the park, Kid power towers a zierrer junior drop tower ride where you propel your vehicle seat upward to top of tower and then let go of your vehicle seat rope and that drops you down the tower. Lego Duplo playrooms an interactive little kids area dedicated to kids 2–6 years, where play with and play in play areas and Other Imagination attractions, shops and dining. Castle hill is located in the back of the park the Lego Knights and princesses themed castle.
- "Asia's first Legoland to open on Sept 15". New Straits Times. 25 April 2012. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- "Legoland, Johor". Tourism Malaysia. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "PM: Legoland Malaysia to be catalyst for development". The Star. Malaysia. 22 September 2012. Archived from the original on 23 September 2012. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- "First SEA Legoland Hotel for Nusajaya". The Sun Daily. 25 April 2012. Archived from the original on 17 September 2012. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "Legoland Malaysia dishes out variety of Halal foods". New Straits Times. 8 August 2012. Retrieved 12 August 2012.
- Legoland Malaysia targets 1.5 million visitors "Legoland Malaysia targets 1.5 million visitors" Check
|url=value (help). Channel NewsAsia. 9 July 2010. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- Tan, Janice. "LEGOLAND Malaysia picks VML for digital marketing duties". Marketing Interactive. Retrieved 2018-05-29.
- "Legoland Malaysia Resort to launch the world's first Lego Virtual Reality roller coaster in Nov". www.thesundaily.my. Retrieved 2018-05-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Legoland Malaysia.|