Lehman High School (Texas)
|Lehman High School|
|1700 Lehman Road
Kyle, Texas, Hays 78640
|Motto||Achieving excellence as one with integrity, wisdom and pride|
|School district||Hays Consolidated Independent School District|
|Principal||Denisha Presley |
|Color(s)||Royal Blue & Silver|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class 6A|
|Rival||Hays High School|
|Website||Lehman High School|
Lehman High School is a public high school located in the city of Kyle, Texas, USA and classified as a 6A school by the UIL. It is a part of the Hays Consolidated Independent School District located in east central Hays County. It was established in 2004 and is named after the family of Ted Lehman, a former Hays CISD School Board President, who also donated a parcel of land where the school is located. In 2015, the school was rated "Met Standard" by the Texas Education Agency.
As the student population of Jack C. Hays High School swelled to over 2400, the need for second high school in Hays CISD became apparent to many community members. In August 2004, the Lehman High School campus opened its doors with 960 students in grades 8 through 10. The school has had 4 principals since being open; Elsa Hinojosa (2004–2010), Don Ruisinger (2011–2012), Michelle Chae (2012–2016), and Denisha Presley (2016-present).
The Lehman Lobos compete in these sports - 
Volleyball, Cross Country, Football, Basketball, Powerlifting, Swimming, Soccer, Golf, Tennis, Track, Baseball & Softball, and Mountain Biking.
Steve Davis, former head coach at Stephen F. Austin High School, was recruited to build the Lobo Athletic Program. He became the school's first athletic director. He was replaced in February 2012 by Todd Raymond, Former Head Coach at McCallum High School in Austin,Texas. Raymond took over a program that has a 20-40 overall record in six varsity football seasons.
Band Director Joey Lucita was hired as a transfer from Jack C. Hays High School where he was an assistant band director. Since 2004, the marching band has won numerous distinctions. The assistant band directors of the program include Jacob Gross who joined the program in 2014, replacing Christopher Barrera, percussion director Christopher Lunsford who joined in 2014, taking the place from three other past percussion directors, Johnnie B. Green who joined in 2010, replacing Marvin Housley, who now serves as Head Director at Simon Middle School.
- Joey Lucita (2004–present) Director of Bands
- Johnnie B. Green (2010–present) Assistant Director/Color Guard Instructor
- Jacob Gross (2014–present) Assistant Director
- Christopher Lunsford (2014–present) Percussion Director
- Marvin Housley (2004-2010) Assistant Director
- Skipper McWithey (2004-2008) Percussion Director
- Steve Stevenson (2007-2008) Assistant Director
- Mark Mertins (2008-2013) Percussion Director
- Christopher Barrera (2008-2014) Assistant Director
- Sergio Ortiz (2009-2010) Color Guard Instructor
- Jordan Garza (2013–2014) Percussion Director
The Lehman High School NJROTC is under the command of Lt. Commander John Berry and Master Chief David Farrar. The search for instructors began early in 2007 and later that year the program was available to all students. NJROTC contains Marksmanship, Academic, PT, and Armed and Unarmed drill teams. In 2013 and 2015 Lehman NJROTC qualified for state and competed at Texas A&M and their highest place was Armed exhibition of 5th place.
- "Dr. Jeremy Lyon, Superintendent". Retrieved 2009-02-23.
- "Hays CISD - Staff Directory".
- "2015 Accountability Rating System" (PDF). Texas Education Agency.
- The Athletics Department