||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (September 2012)|
|Anthony "Lehmo" Lehmann|
Lehmo holding the clapperboard during filming of the movie Offside
20 August 1969 |
TV & Radio Presenter
|Spouse(s)||Kelly Kearney (m. 2014-present)|
|Website||http://www.lehmo.com.au/ (archived April 2015)|
Lehmo started out working as a chartered accountant before becoming a comedian.
In 1994, Lehmo appeared on the "Red Faces" segment of Hey Hey It's Saturday. He did a stand-up routine that bombed, scoring a 5, then a 1 and a zero which was implied by Red Symons on his scorecard as "Stuff All".
He has also performed sell out seasons at the Adelaide Fringe Festival (2000, 2002 and 2004), the Melbourne International Comedy Festival (1999, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005) and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival (1996 and 1997).
His live credits in the UK include the 1996 and 1997 Edinburgh Fringe Festivals, The Comedy Store, London and Jongleurs – the largest chain of comedy clubs in Britain. Lehmo has also performed regular gigs at the Boston Comedy Club and Gotham Comedy Club, both in New York City.
Overseas demand for Lehmo has seen him appear on England's BBC TV Comedy Showcase and as a regular compere on Britain's longest-running television stand up show Stand up Live. Lehmo also played himself in a series of ads for XXXX beer which were shot in India and screened in the UK.
In April 2014, the record was reassigned back to Tim Vine following a decision from Guinness World Record officials. An official spokesman said that Anthony Lehmann had breached the guidelines.
Lehmo was a co-host of Before The Game alongside Dave Hughes, Neroli Meadows, Andy Maher and Mick Molloy. The show was based on the AFL, and Lehmo has stated that he is a die-hard supporter of the Hawthorn Football Club. Other television appearances include Rove Live, The Glass House and Neighbours.
More recently, Lehmo has appeared on news chat show The Project, acting as the main replacement for Peter Helliar on Friday nights and while he is on holidays. He also stars in the comedy series Utopia  and a guest appearance on Have You Been Paying Attention?.
In 2009 Lehmo played a cameo role in the Australian movie Offside. He appears as the character 'Leechy', a former Junior Socceroo, a soccer star – a role he says is not at odds with his public identity as an active supporter of Aussie Rules football club Hawthorn.
In order to play the role of Leechy, Lehmo flew to Adelaide for six hours on 6 February 2008. Once shooting was completed, he broadcast his afternoon drive-time radio show from a sister Adelaide radio station, before flying back to Sydney.
In 2007, he was the face of the advertising campaigns for the Australian International Motor Show held in Sydney. He is also the face of adverts for the new Vegemite spread iSnack 2.0 which commenced airing on 21 September 2009 and during the AFL Grand Final broadcast.
In December 2013, Lehmo announced his engagement to television producer Kelly Kearney whilst on holiday in South Africa. They married on 29 December 2014 in Bali. Their first child (a boy called Laddie Buster Lehmann) was born on 26 July 2016.
- "Lehmo". Network Ten. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- "Comedy career adds up for Lehmo". Sydney Morning Herald. 28 January 2010. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- Lehmo in East Timor#2 Department of Defence, 23 December 2008
- Lehmo in East Timor #1 Australian Forces Entertainment, 17–22 December 2009
- Lehmo in Baghdad Christmas in Baghdad, 2006
- Lehmo in Afghanistan Department of Defence, 31 March 2009
- "Lehmo". Upfront Events. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- ICMI – XXXX beer ads
- The Comedy Club – XXXX beer ads
- Comedian Attempts to Break Joke Record – Comedy Central Insider, 2 March 2009
- "From improbable to insane - theage.com.au". theage.com.au. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Tim Vine retakes most jokes in an hour record – Chortle, 4 April 2014
- "Lehmo's back on air". Adelaide Now. 6 January 2010. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- "Bio". lehmo.com.au. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- "Wil Anderson dumped from Triple M". news.com.au. 4 November 2008. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- "Comic's turn on Neighbours". Holy Soap. Channel Five. 14 April 2010. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- IMDb – Lehmo
- Young Socceroos qualify for World Cup
- "Funnyman Anthony Lehmann weds in Bali". 29 December 2014.
- "CONGRATULATIONS LEHMO & KEL!!". gold1043.com.au. Retrieved 3 November 2016.