Leigh Adams (footballer)
|Full name||Leigh Adams|
|Date of birth||6 April 1988|
|Original team(s)||Eastern Ranges (TAC Cup)|
|Draft||No. 3, 2007 Rookie Draft, Kangaroos|
|Height/Weight||176cm / 78kg|
|2007–2015||North Melbourne||104 (72)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2015.
A small midfielder who was selected in the 2007 Rookie Draft from Eastern Ranges in the TAC Cup, he captained the Victorian Metro team in the 2006 AFL Under 18 Championships and won the team's Most Valuable Player award. He was hampered at the AFL draft camp after he suffered a hip injury requiring surgery.
He was elevated from the rookie list in 2007, replacing Leigh Harding. after playing well for Tasmanian Devils Football Club in the Victorian Football League (VFL). Despite playing only 13 games for Tasmania, he won their best and fairest award in 2007. He has struggled with injury since then, missing the entire 2008 season due to an Anterior cruciate ligament tear whilst playing for Werribee Football Club in the VFL.
Adams returned to the North Melbourne side in Round 15, 2009, over two years after his last game. He was one of North's best players in their loss to the West Coast Eagles in Round 20, kicking three goals.
Adams retired on the 1st of August 2015 due to ongoing issues with concussion.
- Statistics are correct to end of 2014 season
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- "Midfield key against Cats". Herald Sun. AAP. 26 April 2007. Archived from the original on 9 October 2007. Retrieved 16 August 2009.
- "North to Patch things up". 9 July 2009. Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 16 August 2009.
- Siragusa, Leonard (16 April 2008). "Adams out for the season". AAP. Fox Sports. Archived from the original on 23 September 2012. Retrieved 16 August 2009.
- "Eagles blow away Roos at Subiaco". The Age. AAP. 15 August 2009.
- Schmook, Nathan (1 August 2015). "Kangaroo Leigh Adams calls time after latest concussion". AFL.com. Bigpond. Retrieved 1 August 2015.
- "Leigh Adams statistics". AFL Tables. Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- Leigh Adams's statistics from AFL Tables
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|