|Full name||Leigh Arbuthnot Alexander|
4 July 1898|
Umzinto, Natal, South Africa
|Died||28 April 1943
Source: CricketArchive, 14 January 2011
Alexander joined the Gurkhas on 11 May 1917 during the First World War and first saw service on the North West Frontier. He was commissioned into the British Indian Army on the 27 October 1917. He was promoted to Captain in 1922 and to Major in 1935.
In the Second World War he commanded the 3rd Battalion, 2nd Gurkha Rifles, and took part in the 1st Chindit expedition, a deep penetration raid behind Japanese lines, with the 77th Indian Infantry Brigade, when he died during the operation. His is buried in Taukkyan War Cemetery.
- Teams: Europeans (India) (Main FC: 1922/23-1926/27)
- Lists of matches and more detailed statistics
- First-Class Career Batting and Fielding (1922/23-1926/27)
- M I NO Runs HS Ave 100 50 Ct
- Overall 3 6 1 79 20 15.80 0 0 1
- First-Class Career Bowling (1922/23-1926/27)
- Balls Mdns Runs Wkts BB Ave 5wI 10wM SRate Econ
- Overall 126 3 65 3 2-14 21.66 0 0 42.00 3.09
|This biographical article related to cricket is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|