Richard Leigh Clifford, AO (born 1948) is an Australian businessman and corporate executive who served as Chairman of Qantas Airways from 2007 to 2018. Clifford was appointed Chairman at the company's November 2007 Annual General Meeting, succeeding Margaret Jackson. He is also Chairman of Bechtel Australia.
Early life and education
Clifford was the Chief Executive Officer of the Rio Tinto Group from April 2000 to April 2007. He succeeded Peter Costello as the number-one ticketholder for the Essendon Football Club in March 2008. However he was, in turn, replaced by Lindsay Tanner in September 2009. Clifford also served as chairman of the Murdoch Childrens Research Institute.
- Qantas Chairman
- New Qantas Chairman announced
- Mason, James (2011). Churchie: The Centenary Register. Brisbane, Australia: The Anglican Church Grammar School. ISBN 978-0-646-55807-3.
- "Ex-Broken Hill engineer new Qantas chairman". ABC News. 10 August 2007. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Leigh Clifford's spectacular journey". AusIMM Bulletin. 10 February 2018. Retrieved 20 February 2018.
- Leigh Clifford the new Number One Ticketholder - Essendon Football Club - News News Story Archived 22 July 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 15 May 2012. Retrieved 30 October 2011.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Ex-Wesfarmers boss Richard Goyder to take over as Qantas chairman". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 28 June 2018.
|This Australian business biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|