Leightonfield railway station
Eastbound view in November 2007
|Location||Christine Road, Leightonfield|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||23.67 kilometres from Central|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||24 August 1942|
|Passengers (2013)||200 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
To the south of the station lies the Southern Sydney Freight Line that opened in January 2013.
Platforms & services
Historically Leightonfield was served by services from the city and Lidcombe operating to Liverpool. This changed in the early 2000s, when most services to Liverpool were altered to operate via Bankstown. Today Leightonfield is served by T3 Bankstown line services terminating at Liverpool and three Liverpool - City via Strathfield services on weekdays.
|1||services to Central & the City Circle via Lidcombe||2 services on weekdays|
|services to Central & the City Circle via Bankstown|
|2||services to Liverpool|
Leightonfield station is served by one NightRide route:
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 15 July 2018.
- Leightonfield Station NSWrail.net
- Leightonfield Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "T2: Inner West & Leppington line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "T3: Bankstown line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "N50 Nightride". Transport for NSW.