George in 2018
Leila George D'Onofrio
1991/1992 (age 28–29)
George was born in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, to actor and producer Vincent D'Onofrio and actress Greta Scacchi, and raised by her mother in Brighton, East Sussex, U.K. In 2008, she had acting classes at Brighton College. The following year, she attended Crawley College, her mother's alma mater, and in 2010, studied at the Arts Educational Schools, London. In 2011, she went to Australia to study at Sydney Film School. In 2012, she went to the United States to study at the Lee Strasberg Institute in New York City near her father.
In 2013, George worked on the documentary The Last Impresario as an additional camera operator. In 2014, she starred with her mother in Anton Chekhov’s The Seagull for Black Swan Theatre Company in Perth. Her mother acted as Arkadina, and she acted as Nina, Arkadina’s romantic rival.
She is an ambassador for the LA Zoo.
|2016||Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?||Leah Lewisohn||television film|
|2018||Mortal Engines||Katherine Valentine|||
|2019||The Kid||Sara Cutler|||
|TBD||The Long Home||Edna Hodges||Post-production|
- Macdonald, Marianne (28 September 2008). "Greta Scacchi: glad to be back". The Daily Telegraph. Archived from the original on 15 September 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2020.
...Leila, 16, Scacchi's daughter by D'Onofrio.
- Comita, Jenny (11 March 2019). "Meet Leila George, a Hollywood Royal Emerging as a Star in The Kid". W. Future Media Group. Archived from the original on 16 January 2020. Retrieved 4 August 2020.
...the Australian-born, English-bred 26-year-old...
- Nordstrom, Leigh (20 November 2018). "It Might Soon Be Time for Leila George to Quit Her Waitressing Job". WWD. Archived from the original on 2 August 2020. Retrieved 4 August 2020.
...George, who, at 26...
- "7 Facts about Sean Penn's Girlfriend Leila George". fabcelebrity.com. 6 November 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- Macdonald, Marianne (28 November 1999). "Trainspotting, I'd love to do that..." The Guardian. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
Her daughter's father is the actor Vincent D'Onofrio, with whom Scacchi had a four-year relationship that ended acrimoniously not long after the baby, Leila, was born.
- Lim, Anne (1 April 2014). "Greta Scacchi and daughter Leila George are birds of a feather". The Australian. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- Romano, Nick (28 May 2016). "Mother, May I Sleep With Danger trailer: James Franco's vampire remake features Tori Spelling". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Kit, Borys (6 March 2017). "Stephen Lang, Jihae, Newcomer Leila George Join Peter Jackson's 'Mortal Engines' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 8 June 2017. Retrieved 12 June 2017.
- Bacardi, Francesca (7 October 2016). "Sean Penn and New Girlfriend Leila George D'Onofrio Make Red Carpet Debut". E! News. Retrieved 14 April 2020.
- "Sean Penn confirms secret 'COVID wedding' rumors". MSN. 4 August 2020. Retrieved 4 August 2020.
- "'Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?' (2016): TV Review". The Hollywood Reporter. 15 June 2016. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Yee, Lawrence (24 November 2016). "Peter Jackson's 'Mortal Engines' to Open in December 2018". Variety. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- Hipes, Patrick (21 February 2019). "'The Kid' Trailer: Ethan Hawke Vs. Dane DeHaan In Vincent D'Onofrio's Wild West Tale". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved 21 February 2019.
- Machi, Vivienne (5 May 2015). "Movie with star-studded cast now filming in Hamilton". Dayton Daily News. Retrieved 3 October 2018.