||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (October 2016)|
December 31, 1991 |
Framingham, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
Early life and education
America's Next Top Model
Goldkuhl's first attempt to join America's Next Top Model was made during the show's casting for cycle 15, where she was optioned as a semi-finalist on Tyra.com, but was not selected to proceed further. Contestants Jane Randall and Kendal Brown, both of whom ultimately made the final cast that cycle, were chosen as the winners of this search. Goldkuhl was eventually selected as a semi-finalist for the show's nineteenth cycle, where she was chosen as one of the final thirteen contestants. She was originally eliminated in the fifth week of the competition, but the series had introduced a twist involving the newly implement public vote, which allowed previously eliminated contestants to continue having their photos scored after their elimination. The highest scoring contestant, later revealed to be Goldkuhl, was allowed to rejoin the competition in week 9. She placed third overall.
Since her appearance on America's Next Top Model, Goldkuhl has been featured in editorials for American, British, German, and Kazakh Harper's Bazaar, Italian, German, Japanese, and Australian Vogue, V, British, Australian, and Korean Marie Claire, German Numero, CR Fashion Book, Le Monde M and W. She has also appeared on the cover of Harper's Bazaar Kazakhstan.
She has walked the runways for Burberry, Calvin Klein, Chanel, Fendi, Christian Dior, Givenchy, Alberta Ferretti, Dolce & Gabbana, Hermés, Hugo Boss, Jason Wu, Philipp Plein, Nina Ricci, Max Mara, Loewe, Jil Sander, Michael Kors, Giambattista Valli, Paul Smith, Altuzarra, Elie Saab, Narciso Rodriguez, Tom Ford, Moschino, Phillip Lim, Blumarine, Versace, N°21, Kenzo, Christopher Kane, Lanvin, Rochas, Mary Katrantzou, Pringle of Scotland, Hussein Chalayan, Vanessa Seward, Joseph, The Row, Pam & Gela, Paco Rabanne, Tadashi Shoji, Akris, David Koma, Lacoste, House of Holland, Stella McCartney, and Valentino.
Goldkuhl has been photographed by several high profile photographers, working with the likes of Patrick Demarchelier, Sebastian Faena, Mert and Marcus, Glen Luchford, Victor Demarchelier, Roe Ethridge, and Steven Meisel, and appearing in advertising campaigns for Givenchy, Vera Wang, Dolce & Gabbana, Just Cavalli, Zara, Michael van der Ham, Hervé Léger, Saks Fifth Avenue, Only Jeans, Costume National, Urban Outfitters, and Pepsi. She has appeared in look books and catalogs for Hervé Léger, Band of Outsiders, Nordstrom, Rebecca Taylor, Theory, Equipment, Urban Outfitters, N°21 Menswear, Diane Von Furstenberg, Versace, Calvin Klein and Givenchy. She also appeared in Carolina Herrera's book, 35 years of Fashion.
In October 2015, Goldkuhl was ranked by Cosmopolitan as one of the most successful contestants of the Top Model franchise, alongside winners Ksenia Kahnovich (Ty — supermodel, 2004), Alice Burdeu (Australia's Next Top Model, 2007), Montana Cox (Australia's Next Top Model, 2011), Sora Choi (Korea's Next Top Model, 2012), Hyun Ji Shin (Korea's Next Top Model, 2013), Aamito Lagum (Africa's Next Top Model, 2014), Oliver Stummvoll (Austria's Next Topmodel, 2014), and fellow alumni Fatima Siad (America's Next Top Model, 2008), Patricia van der Vliet (Holland's Next Top Model, 2008), Saara Sihvonen (Suomen huippumalli haussa, 2010) and Kate Grigorieva (Top Model po-russki, 2012).
She is currently signed with Next Model Management in New York, Paris, Milan, London, Los Angeles, and Miami and M4 Models in Berlin and Hamburg.
- "America's Next Top Model Cast | Bios | Allyssa". 2012-08-13. Archived from the original on August 13, 2012. Retrieved 2016-05-02.
- Turner, Lianne; Alleyne, Allyssia (2015-09-25). "How to really find the world's next top model". CNN. Retrieved 2016-09-07.
- Rees, Alex (2015-10-20). "12 Times "Top Model" Actually éFound, You Know, a Top Model". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 2016-09-07.
- Okwodu, Janelle (2015-09-29). "Looks Like Tyra Was Right: Meet the Top Model Alums Ruling Fashion Month". Vogue. Retrieved 2016-09-07.
- Fashion Spot, The (26 January 2017). "Zara S/S 2017 by Steven Meisel". Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- Canvas, La (2016-08-13). "Model Behavior with Leila Goldkuhl". LACANVAS: LA's Cultural Authority. Retrieved 2016-09-07.
- Westbrook, Caroline (2014-05-15). "So who was the real winner of America's Next Top Model?". Metro. Retrieved 2016-09-07.
- Rees, Alex (20 October 2015). "12 times "Top Model" actually found, you know, a top model". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 23 October 2016.