|• Total||7.79 km2 (3.01 sq mi)|
|Population (31 December 2010)|
|• Density||761/km2 (1,970/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Leksand is famous for the Leksands IF ice hockey team, who have won 4 Swedish Championships, although the team is currently facing problems in performance when playing and they have received less funds. Leksand is also home to the Leksands Baseball and Softball Club, the oldest and one of the more successful baseball clubs in Sweden, having won 20 national championships in baseball and 7 in softball. The club was founded in the late 1950s and currently has about 130 members. Additionally, Leksand is home to the Baseball Academy Leksand, a Major League Baseball (MLB)-sponsored academy established in 2006. The academy is part of a broader drive by MLB to develop European talent through a system of baseball academies across the continent, and is the only such academy in Sweden. As of March 2010, Baseball Academy Leksand comprised 22 Swedish players and was managed by Tony Klarberg.
- Per-Olov Brasar - Former National Hockey League (NHL) forward, active 1977 to 1982
- Kristian Matsson - The Tallest Man on Earth, folk musician
- Johan Hedberg - Former NHL goalkeeper with the Pittsburgh Penguins, Dallas Stars, Atlanta Thrashers and New Jersey Devils
- Anders J. Dahlin- Internationally acclaimed tenor and opera singer
- Victor Rask- NHL forward for the Carolina Hurricanes
- Aurora, Ontario, Canada
- "Tätorternas landareal, folkmängd och invånare per km2 2005 och 2010" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. 14 December 2011. Archived from the original on 10 January 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- "MLB Academies Tournament under way, Complete Rosters « Mister Baseball". www.mister-baseball.com.
- Pamphlet: 2010 MLB Academies Tournament. Major League Baseball, 2010.
- "Leksands Knäckebröd - familjetradition i sex generationer". www.leksandsbrod.se.
- Media related to Leksand at Wikimedia Commons
|KML file (edit • help)
|This article about a location in Dalarna County, Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|