Lemberg pri Novi Cerkvi
|Lemberg pri Novi Cerkvi
Lemberg pri Strmcu (1953–1992)
|• Total||1.78 km2 (0.69 sq mi)|
|Elevation||317.1 m (1,040.4 ft)|
Lemberg pri Novi Cerkvi (pronounced [ˈleːmbɛɾk pɾi ˈnɔːʋi ˈtseːɾkʋi]) is a village in the Municipality of Vojnik in eastern Slovenia. The area was traditionally part of the Styria region. It is now included with the rest of the municipality in the Savinja Statistical Region.
The name of the settlement was changed from Lemberg to Lemberg pri Strmcu (literally, 'Lemberg near Strmec') in 1953. The name was changed again, from Lemberg pri Strmcu to Lemberg pri Novi Cerkvi (literally, 'Lemberg near Nova Cerkev'), in 1992. The 1953 and 1992 changes corresponded to the name changes of the neighboring settlement of Nova Cerkev (literally, 'New Church'), which was renamed Strmec in 1952 and then restored to Nova Cerkev in 1992. The name changes were based on the 1948 Law on Names of Settlements and Designations of Squares, Streets, and Buildings as part of efforts by Slovenia's postwar communist government to remove religious elements from toponyms.
The local church is dedicated to Saint Catherine and belongs to the Parish of Nova Cerkev. It was built in 1841. Lemberg Castle is a 13th-century castle with a 15th-century extension that stands just above the village.
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia
- Vojnik municipal site
- Spremembe naselij 1948–95. 1996. Database. Ljubljana: Geografski inštitut ZRC SAZU, DZS.
- Premk, F. 2004. Slovenska versko-krščanska terminologija v zemljepisnih imenih in spremembe za čas 1921–1967/68. Besedoslovne lastnosti slovenskega jezika: slovenska zemljepisna imena. Ljubljana: Slavistično društvo Slovenije, pp. 113–132.
- Urbanc, Mimi, & Matej Gabrovec. 2005. Krajevna imena: poligon za dokazovanje moči in odraz lokalne identitete. Geografski vestnik 77(2): 25–43.
- Slovenian Ministry of Culture register of national heritage reference number ešd 3203
- Slovenian Ministry of Culture register of national heritage reference number ešd 4369
|This article about the Municipality of Vojnik in Slovenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|