|Place of origin||France|
|Main ingredients||Pastry shell, lemon paste|
In the UK, lemon tart (also called tarte au citron) consists of a pastry case (often made in a fluted tart tin) containing a baked lemon custard (usually composed of eggs, sugar, lemon juice and cream). Usually recipes include blind-baking before adding the custard. Sometimes the tart is dusted with icing sugar prior to serving.
Alternatively, the lemon filling can be cooked in a saucepan and then added to the baked pastry case.
- "Lemon Tart". Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "BBC - Food - Recipes : Tarte au citron". Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "Mary Berry". Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- Waitrose Limited. "Heston's Lemon tart". Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- Media related to Lemon tarts at Wikimedia Commons