Len Prince is an American photographer whose work includes celebrity portraiture, fashion, nudes, still life, a flower series and cityscapes. Since 2001, his work has increasingly focussed on his collaboration with Jessie Mann, in a partnership which is itself about the act of collaboration, while creating memorable images that combine theatrics, and performance, and ideas.
Len Prince was born in 1953 in Detroit Michigan. He first became interested in photography at the age of 9, and studied at the School of Visual Arts.
- Masks & Identity: Len Prince in the Collection of William K. Zewadski, Florida Museum of Photographic Arts, June 12 - August 2, 2008
- Jessie Mann "Self Possessed" Photographs by Len Prince, Danziger Projects, New York, Sept. 9 - Oct. 14, 2006; Adamson Gallery, Washington, DC, Jan. 13 - Feb. 24, 2007
- Prince/Paulson Glam Pop Rock, Mercury Art Works, Athens, GA, Sept. 9 - Nov. 4, 2006
- "Staley-Wise Gallery | Len Prince". Staleywise.com. Retrieved 2016-01-30.
- Artist’s Homepage
- Florida Museum of Photographic Arts Catalog Essay by Joanne Milani
- The Artistic Life: Jessie Again (the New Yorker, Nov. 6 2006)
- Ode to Photo History: Len Prince puts the photo icon Jessie Mann back on center stage.
|This article about an American photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|