Parke County's location in Indiana
|Elevation||686 ft (209 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||437775|
Lena is an unincorporated community in southern Jackson Township, Parke County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. A portion of Lena also extends into Clay County, just north of Carbon. This portion of Lena is referred to as Marysville.
Lena is located atat an elevation of 689 feet.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Lena, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved July 22, 2017.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 195. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...consequently, Marysville, q.v., a Clay County community adjoining Lena on the south, also popularly was known as Lena.
- History of Parke and Vermillion Counties, Indiana. B.F. Bowen & Cos. 1913. p. 190.
- "Parke County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
|This Parke County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|