Lena Larsson, née Rabenius (31 July 1919 – 4 April 2000), was a Swedish interior designer, known as a pioneer for the unconventional, family-friendly environments she created, and for the 1960s modern wear-and-tear ideal. She was married in 1940 to architect Mårten Larsson and they had four children. She was a member of the Rabenius family belonging to the Swedish nobility.
Larsson was born Lena Rabenius in 1919 in Tranås. She trained as a cabinetmaker at the Carl Malmstens school of craftsmanship. After that she worked for cabinetmaker Elias Svedberg, with whom she designed furniture. In the early 1940s, she was employed by Svenska Slöjdföreningen (now Svensk Forum) and Svenska Arkitekters Riksförbund to make a survey of peoples' home lives. She interviewed housewives about how they were using their homes during the early 1940s. The results of the survey were to be used as a template for the building of convenient homes after the Second World War.
At Hälsingborgsmässan H55 she, together with architects Anders-William Olsson and Mårten Larsson, created the one-family house Skal och kärna. From 1956 until 1960 she was the chief editor of the home decoration magazine Allt i hemmet. As an artistic leader in the Nordiska Kompaniet (The Nordic Company) store, NK-bo, between 1947 and 1956, she used her knowledge to create home design solutions for the simplification of domestic lifestyles. NK-bo and NK-bo NU was a special store within NK between 1947 and 1956, and from 1961 to 1965, which sold cheap and experimental furniture for the entire family. It also became a forum for ideas and products to be tested by young designers. By this means she opened the way for both established and new designers and furniture makers.
- Larsson, Lena (1991). Varje människa är ett skåp. Höganäs: Bra böcker. ISBN 978-91-7160-990-8.
- Dalén, Uno (redaktör) (1961–1967). "Band 8, Lena Larsson". Bonniers lexikon. Stockholm: AB Nordiska Uppslagsböcker. Page 1216. Libris 8198071
- "Lena Larsson". Liljevalchs konsthall. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Svedberg och Larsson: Heminredning". Rävjägarn. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- Hedqvist, Hedvig (2007). Svensk form internationell design. Stockholm: Bokförlaget DN. ISBN 9789175887586.
- "Lena Larsson: Varje människa är ett skåp". Alba.nu. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- Åström, Johan (number 8, 2007). "Lena Larsson – slitstark livsstilspionjär". Pensionären.
Media related to Lena Larsson at Wikimedia Commons