|Playboy centerfold appearance|
|Preceded by||Sharon Johansen|
|Succeeded by||Mercy Rooney|
|Born||31 March 1951|
|Measurements||Bust: 34 in (86.5 cm)|
Waist: 26 in (66 cm)
Hips: 36 in (91.5 cm)
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Weight||110 lb (50 kg; 7.9 st)|
Lena Söderberg, born Sjööblom (born 31 March 1951) is a Swedish model who appeared as a Playmate in the November 1972 issue of Playboy magazine, as Lenna Sjööblom. Her centerfold was photographed by Dwight Hooker.
A head and shoulder section of her centerfold, this cropped section itself known as Lenna, is often used to test algorithms in digital image processing. She was a guest at the 50th annual Conference of the Society for Imaging Science and Technology in 1997, where she gave a presentation about herself. Because of the ubiquity of her Playboy photo scan, she has been called the "first lady of the internet". The title was given to her by Jeff Seideman in a press release he issued announcing her appearance at the 50th annual IS&T Conference.
Söderberg is married and has three children.
- "Playmate of the Month". Playboy Magazine. November 1972.
- Jamie Hutchison, "Culture, Communication, and an Information Age Madonna", IEEE Professional Communication Society Newsletter Vol. 45, No. 3, May/June 2001.
- Imaging Experts Meet Lenna in Person.
- BBC News.
- "Playboy Newsdesk - Lena". Cs.cmu.edu. Retrieved February 3, 2016.
- Lenna's centerfold in the Playboy Archive, November 1972, pp 138-140(subscription required)
- A Complete Story of Lenna (with one new picture of her)
- The Lenna Story (contains a link to an un-cropped scan of the original Playboy photograph)
- A video artwork inspired by Lenna's story
|This Swedish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography article about a Playboy Playmate is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|