|Playboy centerfold appearance|
|Preceded by||Sharon Johansen|
|Succeeded by||Mercy Rooney|
31 March 1951 |
|Measurements||Bust: 34 in (86.5 cm)
Waist: 26 in (66 cm)
Hips: 36 in (91.5 cm)
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Weight||110 lb (50 kg; 7.9 st)|
In Woody Allen's 1973 comedy Sleeper, Woody's character Miles Monroe, after being cryogenically frozen for 200 years and revived, is asked to look at a series of 20th century artifacts. One of them is Söderberg's centerfold; Miles decides to keep it, to "study it and give you a full report."
A section of her centerfold (known as Lenna) is often used to test algorithms in digital image processing. She was a guest at the 50th annual Conference of the Society for Imaging Science and Technology in 1997 where she gave a presentation about herself. Because of the ubiquity of her Playboy photo scan, she has been called the "first lady of the internet". The title was given to her by Jeff Seideman in a press release he issued announcing her appearance at the 50th annual IS&T Conference.
- "Playmate of the Month". Playboy Magazine. November 1972.
- Jamie Hutchison, "Culture, Communication, and an Information Age Madonna," IEEE Professional Communication Society Newsletter Vol. 45, No. 3, May/June 2001, PDF
- Imaging Experts Meet Lenna in Person
- BBC News
- "Playboy Newsdesk - Lena". "Cs.cmu.edu". Retrieved February 3, 2016.
- Lenna's centerfold in the Playboy Archive, November 1972, pp 138-140(subscription required)
- A Complete Story of Lenna (with one new picture of her)
- The Lenna Story (contains a link to an un-cropped scan of the original Playboy photograph)
- A video artwork inspired by Lenna's story
|This Swedish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography article about a Playboy Playmate is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|