Coordinates: Lenborough is a hamlet in the parish of Buckingham next to Gawcott, in Buckinghamshire, England. At the 2011 Census the population was included in the civil parish of Gawcott with Lenborough.
Lenborough consists mainly of barn conversions and farm houses and connects by footpath to the Buckingham Industrial Estate.
Anglo Saxon coins
On 21 December 2014, metal detectorist Paul Coleman discovered a hoard of 5,251½ Anglo-Saxon coins in near mint condition. The hoard was discovered during the Weekend Wanderers Detecting Club's end-of-year rally, and includes coins from the reigns of Æthelred the Unready (c.968-1016) and Cnut the Great, (c.985-1035).
- Daily Mail, 2 Jan 2015, Amateur treasure hunter finds £1million hoard of 1,000-year-old Anglo Saxon coins - after a whip-round for petrol to get there. By Andrew Levy and Gemma Mullin
- BBC News, 2 Jan 2015, Thousands of ancient coins discovered in Buckinghamshire field.
- The Independent, 2 Jan 2015, £1m Anglo-Saxon silver haul dug up on Buckinghamshire farmland
- The Weekend Wanderers Detecting Club's Xmas Special Dig Report (with many photographs)
- Video of the excavation of the hoard
|This Buckinghamshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|