Lenborough consists mainly of barn conversions and farm houses and connects by footpath to the Buckingham Industrial Estate.
Anglo Saxon coins
On 21 December 2014, metal detectorist Paul Coleman discovered a hoard of 5,251½ Anglo-Saxon coins in near mint condition. The hoard was discovered during the Weekend Wanderers Detecting Club's end-of-year rally, and includes coins from the reigns of Æthelred the Unready (c.968-1016) and Cnut the Great, (c.985-1035).
- Daily Mail, 2 Jan 2015, Amateur treasure hunter finds £1million hoard of 1,000-year-old Anglo Saxon coins - after a whip-round for petrol to get there. By Andrew Levy and Gemma Mullin
- BBC News, 2 Jan 2015, Thousands of ancient coins discovered in Buckinghamshire field.
- The Independent, 2 Jan 2015, £1m Anglo-Saxon silver haul dug up on Buckinghamshire farmland
- The Weekend Wanderers Detecting Club's Xmas Special Dig Report (with many photographs)
- Video of the excavation of the hoard
|This Buckinghamshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|