|Rod Lockhart, CEO|
Christian Faes, Executive Chairman & Co-founder
Ian Thomas, CIO & Co-founder
|Products||Residential and commercial mortgages|
LendInvest is a non-bank mortgage lender  in the UK, and is a property lending and investing platform. As an alternative Fintech lender in the property market, LendInvest provides finance to property professionals and small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) around the UK. It also makes it possible for individuals, corporates and institutions to invest in secured property loans originated and underwritten by its mortgage team.
LendInvest was launched in 2013 when it was spun out of Montello, a London-based specialist short-term property finance lender.
LendInvest operates throughout the UK with staff based regionally covering Southern England, Northern England and Scotland.
Since 2015, LendInvest has published an independently audited Annual Report on its website. In the year to 31 March 2017, LendInvest reported 20% revenue growth to £40 million and an underlying profit from operations of £2.6 million.
In February 2017, LendInvest published a report entitled "Starting small to build more homes: A blueprint for better policymaking in the property SME market", that revealed that SMEs in the housebuilding sector have been failing at alarming rates, and argues that the government could help to resolve the country's chronic housing shortage by rebooting its strategy to help smaller property firms. The report was formally launched on 21 March 2017 by Conor Burns MP.
In June 2017, LendInvest received a third SQ1 Servicer Quality Rating from European ratings agency ARC Ratings. ARC Rating assesses the process used by LendInvest to originate, underwrite and service property loans.
In September 2016, LendInvest launched the LendInvest Property Development Academy, a non-profit two day course for aspiring property entrepreneurs to learn how to better equip themselves with the skills they need to grow their property development portfolios. Academy courses are held in London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Bristol and Birmingham. The Academy was launched in collaboration with the University of Reading and is supported by the Home Builders' Federation. The initiative was attended by the Scottish government in June 2017 when Minister for Housing Kevin Stewart MSP launched the Edinburgh course.
In November 2017, LendInvest launched into the UK Buy-to-Let market and in June 2019 became the first Fintech to securitise its own assets in a £259 million securitisation of Buy-to-Let loans.
LendInvest became a public company in July 2021, listing on the London Stock Exchange's AIM.
LendInvest provides short-term financing options, and Buy-to-Let mortgages for UK-based property investors.
On 10 August 2017, LendInvest launched a listed retail bond on the London Stock Exchange. The process to raise LendInvest's first retail bond was closed early and oversubscribed. The retail bond is the first to be issued by a FinTech business and constitutes a fourth funding channel for the company. LendInvest's first retail bond was added by the Daily Telegraph's Questor share tip column to its £500,000 Income Portfolio on 4 August 2017.
- Morris, Stephen (24 March 2020). "Non-bank lenders push for access to emergency state funding". Financial Times.
- Ratcliffe, Madeline (8 January 2016). "Peer to peer mortgage lender LendInvest hits £500m mark". City A.M.
- "LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE WELCOMES LENDINVEST SECURED INCOME PLC". lseg.com/.
- "Lendinvest". The FinTech 50. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- Finextra (2017-08-10). "LendInvest makes London Stock Exchange debut with £50m raise". Finextra Research. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- "Fintech lender LendInvest to launch retail bond offering - AltFi News". AltFi. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- Weeks, Ryan (19 July 2017). "Fintech lender LendInvest to launch retail bond offering". Altfi News.
- "LendInvest launches first retail bond for secured property loans". Wealth Adviser. 26 July 2017.
- Smith, Edwin (8 February 2015). "25 fintech companies set for stardom". Raconteur.
- Williams-Grut, Oscar (20 April 2017). "17 fintech businesses that could one day be worth over $1 billion". Business Insider UK.
- Allen, Kate (22 September 2014). "Is peer-to-peer a new home for UK property finance?". Financial Times.
- "Companies house". Companies house.
- Palmer, Kate (14 March 2016). "Skype co-founder Niklas Zennström buys £17m stake in peer-to-peer lender". Telegraph.
- "LendInvest hires Andy Virgo as first BDM for Southern England". Business Money. 15 August 2017.
- Hurst, Samantha (18 January 2016). "P2P Lending Platform LendInvest Publishes Annual Report". Crowdfund Insider.
- Bambrough, Billy (7 October 2016). "Alternative mortgage lender LendInvest posts a 133 per cent rise in revenue as profit flattens out". City A.M.
- "LendInvest publishes a blueprint for change to government treatment of property SMEs". Housebuilder & Developer. 6 March 2017.
- Rothstein, Matthew (7 March 2017). "Turning Around Housebuilding SMEs Might Be The Key To Recovery In The Sector". Forbes.
- Faes, Christian (7 March 2017). "Entrepreneur housebuilders have been crushed: We must bring them back to life". City A.M.
- "Conor discusses housebuilding". Conor Burns. 19 April 2017.
- "LendInvest receives highest rating from European ratings agency | Mortgage Introducer". Mortgage Introducer. 2017-06-29. Retrieved 2017-11-13.
- "LendInvest receives highest rating from European ratings agency for third consecutive year". Bridging Loan Directory. 2017-06-29. Retrieved 2017-11-13.
- Lockhart, Rod (6 June 2017). "We must reverse decline of smaller housebuilders". Property Week.
- "What attendees thought of the LendInvest Property Development Academy". Mortgage Strategy. 22 December 2016.
- Shoffman, Marc (23 June 2017). "LendInvest launches Scottish Property Development Academy". Peer2Peer Finance News.
- Lynn, Alex (30 March 2017). "LendInvest's property development academy expands to the North". Development Finance Today.
- Hall, Robyn (20 January 2017). "Home Builders Federation backs LendInvest academy". Specialist Finance Introducer.
- Mackie, Gareth (23 June 2017). "LendInvest launches academy for budding property tycoons". The Scotsman.
- Reporter, Financial. "LendInvest launches into buy-to-let market". Financial Reporter. Retrieved 2021-10-21.
- "LendInvest completes first £259m securitisation as it looks to further take market share from big banks". AltFi. Retrieved 2021-10-21.
- "Stock". www.londonstockexchange.com. Retrieved 2021-10-21.
- "Intermediaries". www.lendinvest.com. Retrieved 2021-10-21.
- "LendInvest makes London Stock Exchange debut with £50m raise". Finextra. 10 August 2017.
- Dyson, Richard (28 July 2017). "Questor: With a 5.25pc coupon and a five-year term, this new bond issue is worth a look". The Telegraph.