|Type of business||Public|
|Headquarters||Charlotte, North Carolina, United States|
|Key people||Doug Lebda (CEO)|
Neil Salvage (President)
LendingTree, is America’s largest online lending marketplace. It connects borrowers with multiple lenders so they can find the best deals on loans, credit cards, deposit accounts, insurance and more. LendingTree allows borrowers to shop and compare competitive rates and terms across an array of financial products. Founded in 1996 and launched nationally two years later, the company is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina with offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York City, Chicago, Seattle and others. 
LendingTree also provides financing tools, comparative loan searches and borrowing information.
After graduating from Bucknell University, Doug Lebda went to work for PricewaterhouseCoopers in Pittsburgh as an auditor and consultant. When he decided to purchase his first home and obtain a mortgage, he found the process of visiting multiple banks and combing through mortgage offers frustrating, time-consuming, and exhausting. Lebda realized that if the process was that difficult for someone with his financial acumen, then there must be a massive market of others with the same desire for a better way. With this idea, Doug founded CreditSource USA in 1996, and the new company was later rebranded as LendingTree and by 1998, LendingTree launched nationally online with its headquarters in Charlotte, NC.
LendingTree went through a successful IPO on February 15, 2000.
In May 2003, LendingTree, LLC was acquired by IAC/InterActiveCorp, former owner of Ticketmaster, Home Shopping Network and current owner of Match.com. In 2004, LendingTree acquired HomeLoanCenter.com and formed LendingTree Loans.
After 5 years, LendingTree spun off from IAC to join newly established Tree.com, Inc. Tree.com was the parent company of several brands and businesses in the financial services and real estate industries including LendingTree.com; GetSmart.com; DegreeTree.com; LendingTreeAutos.com; and DoneRight.com.
In 2015 LendingTree disassembled the Tree.com umbrella to focus on its core brand, LendingTree, which now incorporates Business Loans, Personal Loans, Debt Consolidation, Free Credit Scores, and Student Loans along with its core mortgage products Home Loans, Mortgage Refinance, and Home Equity.
In June 2016, LendingTree kicked off a streak of several corporate development deals with the acquisition of SimpleTuition, a company in the student loans space. Subsequent acquisitions include CompareCards (2016), DepositAccounts.com (2017), MagnifyMoney (2017), SnapCap (2017), Student Loan Hero (2018), QuoteWizard  (2018), and ValuePenguin (2018).
In November 2016, LendingTree announced plans to invest $47 million and double the employee base of its Charlotte headquarters over the following five years. The online lender's corporate expansion would create 314 jobs during that time span. In April 2019, LendingTree announced a shift from its previously announced expansion in Charlotte's South Park neighborhood, to instead move to a brand new office building in Charlotte's South End, being developed by The Spectrum Companies. 
- "LENDINGTREE INC (TREE)". Retrieved 2016-10-18.
- "LendingTree - 1-800-675-5153". LendingTree. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- Goldberg, Steve (2014-08-03). "LendingTree: An original dot-com darling grows up". CNBC. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "LendingTree Is Booming, and Its Stock Soaring, As More Borrowers Shop Online".
- Sherter, Alaine (2010-01-07). "Mortgage Entrepreneur Anthony Hsieh Says He's No Predator and Plans to Prove It". CBS News. Retrieved 2019-01-22.
- "Our Roots - Timeline". LendingTree.com.
- "Tree.com, Inc. Changes Corporate Name to LendingTree, Inc". www.prnewswire.com.
- "Valore - Crunchbase". Crunchbase.
- "CompareCards - Crunchbase". Crunchbase.
- "DepositAccounts.com". Crunchbase.
- "MagnifyMoney". Crunchbase.
- "SnapCap - Crunchbase". Crunchbase.
- "LendingTree, Inc. Announces Agreement to Acquire Student Loan Hero". Retrieved 13 July 2018.
- "LendingTree (TREE) Acquires QuoteWizard.com for $370.2M".
- Research, Zacks Investment. "LendingTree (TREE) to Acquire ValuePenguin.com for $105M". Zacks Investment Research. Retrieved 2018-12-27.
- "LendingTree to add more than 300 jobs in Charlotte HQ expansion". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "LendingTree will move its headquarters to a new tower in another part of Charlotte". Retrieved 2019-08-07.
- Business data for Lending Tree, Inc.:
|This article about a financial services corporation of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|