This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Labels||The Spew, Willowtip (2001-2004)Relapse (2005-2009)Season of Mist (2010-present)|
Last Days of Humanity
The band's name is derived from an alternate English spelling of "lingchi", a method of torture and execution originating from Imperial China that is also known as "death by a thousand cuts". Death by a Thousand Cuts is also the name of one of the band's albums.
Leng Tch'e drummer Sven is Aborted frontman Gurgloroth 'Svencho' Sven De Caluwé. The band began life under the billing of Anal Torture, forged by Sven and Dark Ages guitarist Glen along with vocalist Isaac and bass player Kevin in early 2002. Leng Tch'e signed to the Italian Spew label for the opening 2002 album Death by a Thousand Cuts. After that album, the band released a split 7" single with Black Ops.
The band would employ Israeli guitarist Nir 'The Goat' Doliner of Lehavoth, even undertaking gigs in Israel opening for Amon Amarth. Unable to secure a bassist Nicolas would switch from guitar to cover this role. Eventually the distance factor for Doliner prevented a full-time role. In early 2004 therefore the band inducted Geert as second guitarist. The band enrolled former Pyaemia bassist Frank Rizzo as guitarist in late 2003. Meantime, Isaac fired up a Noise side project billed as Permanent Death whilst vocalist Sven De Caluwé would front In-Quest for an album.
The band's second album, ManMadePredator, would be scheduled for May 2003 release. Leng Tch'e proposed split releases in 2004 with Fuck...I'm Dead for No Escape Records and a split 7" single with Gronibard on Bones Brigade Records. Guitarist Rizzo decamped in August, being replaced in November by Jan of Spleen. In early 2005 the band inducted Boris of Suppository as new frontman, debuting this revised line-up at the 30th April 'Face Your Underground' festival in Antwerp.
Leng Tch'e contracted to Relapse Records in March, scheduling a summer release date for new album The Process of Elimination. The band played May US East Coast dates along with Impaled, Malignancy and Aborted. The band partnered with Fuck the Facts and Beneath the Massacre for a Canadian tour in 2006.
On May 16, 2008, The band announced that Boris had decided to quit the band.
|“||After 4 of the coolest and craziest years of my life, I've decided to quit my activities in Leng Tch'e. A difficult decision, considering the fact that I really loved the shows/touring and hanging out with these guys. However, I came to a point in my life where other things start to matter. I don't have the energy and commitment anymore that I used to have, so the time has come to part ways with Leng Tch'e. For me it feels like ending a long term relationship and I think it will feel really strange knowing they will go on without me. Nevertheless, I know this is a well considered decision and wish them all the best in the future. Leng Tch'e has made me who I am today. Thanks for that! - Boris.||”|
A successor was found in Serge Kasongo, formerly of Ackros with whom the band toured Canada in 2008 alongside Krisiun. Recording for the followup to Marasmus started in 2009 with a release planned for the spring of 2010 on new record label Season Of Mist. The album was named Hypomanic and mixed and mastered by Russ Russell (Napalm Death, Brujeria, Evile).
The band's Myspace page credits Regurgitate, Hemdale, Nasum and Blood Duster as formative influences for the group. Jan Hallaert has also cited Hateplow, Bury Your Dead, Burnt by the Sun, Yob, The Sword, Converge, Neurosis, Mastodon, Aborted, Ringworm, Morbid Angel, Hatebreed, Torche, Suffocation, Fu Manchu, and Cephalic Carnage.
- Nicolas Malfeyt - bass (2002-present)
- Jan Hallaert - guitar (2005-present)
- Serge Kasongo - vocals (2008-present)
- Olivier Coppens - drums (2011-present)
- Kevin - bass (2001-2002)
- Glen Herman - guitar (2001-2003)
- Isaac Roelaert - vocals (2001-2005)
- Sven de Caluwe - drums, vocals (2001-2007)
- Steven Van Cauwenbergh - bass (2003)
- Nir Doliner - guitar (2003)
- Frank Stijnen - guitar (2003-2004)
- Geert Devenster - guitar (2004-2007)
- Boris Cornelissen - vocals (2005-2008)
- Peter Goemaere - guitar (2007)
- Tony van den Eynde - drums (2007-2011)
- Razorgrind (Split 7" EP with Black Ops) (2002)
- Death by a Thousand Cuts (2002)
- ManMadePredator (2003)
- The Process of Elimination (2005)
- Amusical Propaganda for Sociological Warfare (Split 7" EP with Warscars) (2006)
- Marasmus (2007)
- Split w/ Fuck the Facts (2008)
- Hypomanic (2010)
- Razorgrind (2017)
- Cosmo Lee, Metal Injection, March 19, 2007. CD Review: Leng Tch'e - Marasmus - Metal Injection Access date: October 5, 2008.
- Leng Tch'e | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
- Filip Dupont, Vampire Magazine, March 9, 2007  Access date: July 24, 2008