|• Mayor||Wilhelm Möhrke (none)|
|• Total||90.71 km2 (35.02 sq mi)|
|Elevation||80 m (260 ft)|
|• Density||250/km2 (640/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Lengerich is a town in the district of Steinfurt, in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It is situated on the southern slope of the Teutoburg Forest, approx. 15 km south-west of Osnabrück and 30 km north-east of Münster.
The mayor is the pharmacist Wilhelm Möhrke (independent), the predecessor was Friedrich Prigge.
Lengerich, Westphalia is twinned with:
Sons and daughters of the town
- Rudolf Smend (1851-1913), Theologian (Old Testament)
- Julius Smend (1857-1930), theologian
- Friedrich Kipp (1878-1953), writer
- Wolfgang Streeck (born 1946), sociologist and director at the Max Planck Institute for Society Research in Cologne
- Wolfgang Sidka (born 1954), football professional and coach
- Official website (German)
|This Steinfurt district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|