Leninist Komsomol of the Russian Federation
|Leninist Young Communist League of the Russian Federation
Ленинский коммунистический союз молодёжи Российской Федерации
|Secretary General||Anatoly Dolgachyov|
|Mother party||Communist Party of the Russian Federation|
|International affiliation||World Federation of Democratic Youth|
|Newspaper||Shturm, Komsomolka, Levo Rulya, Plamya (The Flame)|
The Leninist Young Communist League of the Russian Federation (LYCL RF; Russian: Ленинский коммунистический союз молодёжи Российской Федерации, ЛКСМ РФ; Leninskiĭ kommunisticheskiĭ soyuz molodëzhi Rossiĭskoĭ Federatsii, LKSM RF), usually known as the Leninist Komsomol of the Russian Federation (komsomol being a Russian syllabic abbreviation for Young Communist League), is the youth organization of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation.
Up until February 2011 it was known as the Union of Communist Youth of the Russian Federation (Russian: Союз коммунистической молодёжи Российской Федерации, СКМ РФ; Soyuz kommunisticheskoĭ molodëzhi Rossiĭskoĭ Federatsii, SKM RF).
In 2004, there was an internal conflict within the ranks of the Young Communist League of the RF, resulting in a split of two factions, one headed by Yuri Afonin, and the other by Konstantin Zhukov. Afonin's faction represented the overwhelming majority of the organization members and remained tied to the KPRF, while Zhukov's faction became independent and gradually deteriorated into organization without any members, but with the leadership. Both factions kept the same name until February 2011 when the faction headed by Afonin changed name to the Leninist Young Communist League of the Russian Federation.
- In the economic sphere LKSM stands for a balanced planned and market economy - an important step in building socialism, in which the state has a determining role.
- In the social sphere the organization supports the implementation of national programs aimed at creating a full-fledged social security system, for solving the problems of youth in the area of employment, education, family, and physical and spiritual health.
- LKSM insists on the transition, from currently purely propaganda actions, to real practical steps to create a full-fledged union state with Belarus, as well as the reintegration of former Soviet republics, all-round cooperation with which the most important for the Russian Federation - Ukraine and Kazakhstan.
- LKSM considers it is necessary for drastic measures to eliminate youth crime by addressing its generating socio-economic reasons. At the same time they oppose the horrible conditions in which the accused and convicts serve, most of whom are young people. Punishment shall correct, rather than maim people.
To reach the objectives of the organization, LKSM leads a variety of activities, such as: Organizing meetings, rallies, demonstrations, picketing with the purpose of expressing an opinion on current societal and youth issues. Participating in election campaigns for the Communist Party, put forward, in collaboration with the Communist Party, its representatives in government bodies at various levels. Developing a network of regional, local and primary LKSM offices. Organizing at the universities: courses, clubs, libraries, studios, summer camps etc.
- Party program, LKSM official website.