This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Minister for Foreign Trade and Development|
29 May 2015 – 22 June 2016
|Prime Minister||Juha Sipilä|
|Preceded by||Sirpa Paatero|
|Succeeded by||Kai Mykkänen|
|Minister for European Affairs and Foreign Trade|
24 June 2014 – 28 May 2015
|Prime Minister||Alexander Stubb|
|Preceded by||Alexander Stubb|
|Succeeded by||Timo Soini|
|Born||28 September 1961|
|Political party||National Coalition Party|
Toivakka is the former Minister for European Affairs and Foreign Trade and Minister for Foreign Trade and Development serving in both in Alexander Stubb's cabinet and Juha Sipilä's cabinet. During her time in office, Finland’s government decided to slash development assistance by 43 percent in 2015. She also served as member of the World Bank Group’s (WBG) Advisory Council on Gender and Development.
On 21 June 2016, Toivakka announced that she would resign due to the tax shelter methods used by her family company and the resulting negative publicity to the party. She was followed by Kai Mykkänen.
- "Räty, Orpo and Toivakka take over ministerial portfolios". Helsinki Times. 23 June 2014. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- Manola De Vos (June 19, 2015), A first glimpse into Finland's aid cuts Devex.
- Georgi Gotev (June 11, 2015), Finland slashes development aid by 43% amid fears others may follow The Guardian.
- World Bank Advisory Council on Gender and Development: 2015-2017 Members World Bank Group.
- "Lenita Toivakka jättää ministerin tehtävät – "Ympärilläni käyty keskustelu ei ole ollut puolueelle hyväksi"". Helsingin Sanomat. 21 June 2016. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- "Kokoomuksen ministerivaihdoksille sinetti – presidentti vahvisti nimitykset". Yle. 22 June 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- Board Finnish Institute of International Affairs (FIIA).
| Minister for European Affairs and Foreign Trade
| Minister for Foreign Trade and Development
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lenita Toivakka.|