Lennart Augustsson is a Swedish computer scientist. He was previously a lecturer at the Computing Science Department at Chalmers University of Technology. His research field is functional programming and implementations of functional languages.
Augustsson is the author of:
- The Cayenne programming language.
- The HBC Haskell compiler.
- Several hardware device drivers for NetBSD.
- The front end of the pH compiler (parallel Haskell) from MIT.
- The initial version of the Bluespec compiler.
Augustsson has written three winning entries in the International Obfuscated C Code Contest:
- 1985: Most obscure program (1985/august.c)
- 1986: Best complex task done in a complex way (1986/august.c)
- 1996: Best of Show (1996/august.c)
- "Commercial Users of Functional Programming -- Lennart Augustsson". Retrieved August 2011.
- "Lennart Augustsson". Google Plus profile. Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- "Cayenne -- A language with dependent types". Retrieved August 2011.
- "Haskell Implementations". Retrieved August 2011.
- "Chapter 13 USB Devices". Retrieved August 2011.
- "Parallel Haskell". Retrieved August 2011.
- "Bluespec -- Designer's Perspective" (PDF). Retrieved August 2011.
- Augustsson, Lennart (1984). "A Compiler for Lazy ML". Proceedings of the 1984 ACM Symposium on LISP and functional programming. Retrieved May 2016.
- "Common Expressions LPMud". Retrieved August 2011.