Lennart Nilsson Award
The Lennart Nilsson Award recognizes outstanding contributions to scientific photography. Honorees are chosen based on the merits of their efforts in scientific imagery. It is administered by the foundation Stiftelsen Lennart Nilsson and awarded annually by Karolinska Institutet. The award sum is SEK 100,000. The award was inaugurated in 1998 in honor of Swedish photographer and scientist Lennart Nilsson (1922–2017) .  
According to the society's published list of award recipients:
- Nils Åslund, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm - 1998
- James Henderson - 1999
- David Malin, Anglo-Australian Observatory - 2000
- David Doubilet - 2001
- Oliver Meckes and Nicole Ottawa - 2002
- David Barlow, University of Southampton - 2003
- Göran Scharmer, Institute for Solar Physics - 2004
- Frans Lanting - 2005
- Satoshi Kuribayashi -2006
- Felice Frankel Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology - 2007
- Anders Persson, Linköping University - 2008
- Carolyn Porco, Space Science Institute and Babak Amin Tafreshi - 2009
- Kenneth Libbrecht, California Institute of Technology - 2010
- Nancy Kedersha, Harvard Medical School - 2011
- Hans Blom, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm - 2012
- Timothy Behrens, University of Oxford -2014
- Katrin Willig, Max Planck Institute for Experimental Medicine in Göttingen, Germany - 2015
- Alexey Amunts, Stockholm University -2016
- Xiaowei Zhuang, Harvard University - 2017
- Thomas Deerinck, University of California, San Diego - 2018
- Ed Boyden, Massachusetts Institute of Technology - 2019
- "Lennart Nilsson Award". Archived from the original on 2007-10-10. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- "Lennart Nilsson". Lennart Nilsson Photography AB. Archived from the original on 2009-03-05. Retrieved October 1, 2020.
- "Om Lennart Nilsson". Karolinska Institutet. Retrieved October 1, 2020.
- Michael Peres. "The Lennart Nilsson Award" (PDF). Journal of Biocommunication, Vol. 28, No. 1 2001. Retrieved October 1, 2020.
- "Recipients Archives". www.lennartnilssonaward.se. Lennart Nilsson Award Foundation. Retrieved 1 October 2016.