This article does not cite any sources. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||St. Petersburg, Russia|
|Anton Smirnov (General Manager)|
The current Lennauchfilm studio is one of the largest in the Russian Federation.
Lennauchfilm is a full-cycle studio, working on films for theatrical, video and television rental. Documentary films created at Lennauchfilm cover such topics as the history of Russia, defense technology, architecture, religion, and customs of the multinational state. Topics of film series include the secrets of rare trades and crafts, popular science films about nature and travel, and biographical sketches.
Products of Lennauchfilm have received numerous awards in international film festivals.
The name of the studio has undergone several changes.
- 1933 – 1936 First founded under the name of Film Studio #1 "Texfilm"
- 1936 – 1942 it was called Leningrad Film Studio for Scientific and Technical Training Films "Lentexfilm"
- in 1938, the "Film Studio" part of the name was shortened to "Studio"
- 1942 – 1944 it was called Leningrad Joint Studio for Scientific, Technical and Documentary Films
- 1944 – 1946 it was called "Lentexfilm"
- 1946 – 1996 it was called Leningrad studio of popular science films
- 1996 – 2004 it was called St. Petersburg studio of popular science films
- 2004 – 2006 it was reformed as a federal state unitary enterprise creative-production association St. Petersburg studio of popular movies
- 2006 – 2012 it was called OAO Kinostudio "Lennauchfilm"
- 2012 – present, after the reorganization and merger with JSC "Centre of National Film", it is called Branch "Lennauchfilm" of JSC "CNF"
- 1983, awarded the Order Badge of Honor.
- 2006 in Bryansk, awarded a diploma for active implementation of the idea of multiplying the intellectual riches of Russia in the Second Assembly of the World Forum "Intellectual Russia."
- Studio "Lennauchfilm" official Web site