|Birth name||Helena Hubertina Johanna Kuhr|
|Born||22 February 1950|
Helena Hubertina Johanna "Lenny" Kuhr (born 22 February 1950) is a Dutch singer-songwriter.
In 1967, she started a singing career in the Netherlands, performing songs in the French chanson tradition. In 1969, she represented the Netherlands in the Eurovision Song Contest with her composition "De troubadour" (lyrics by David Hartsema; orchestra conducted by Franz de Kok). She was one of the four winners that year.
In the early seventies, Kuhr was more successful in France than in her home country. In 1970 she toured with George Brassens. Late 1971 she had a top 10 hit in France with "Jesus Christo".
In 1980, she had her biggest hit in the Netherlands: "Visite", a song she performed with the French group Les Poppys. She has been releasing records ever since, though without major chart success.
Lenny Kuhr was one of the artists who recorded the song "Shalom from Holland" (written by Simon Hammelburg and Ron Klipstein) as a token of solidarity to the Israeli people, threatened by missiles from Iraq, during the Gulf War in 1991.
Lenny Kuhr performed "De troubadour" during the interval of the Grand Final of the Eurovision Song Contest on Saturday 22 May 2021 in Rotterdam, in a segment called "Rock the Roof", together with other Eurovision winners.
Kuhr's first marriage was in 1974 to an Israeli doctor, whom she met after she had her nose damaged in an attack in May 1973, in Haarlem. Her new husband repaired her nose and Kuhr converted to Judaism. She had two daughters with her first husband, one in 1975 and the second in 1980. She also lived in Israel for a while.
After her divorce, Kuhr was romantically involved with songwriter Herman Pieter de Boer, from 1981 to 1993.
She was married for a second time in 2003.
- 1969: Lenny Kuhr
- 1971: De zomer achterna
- 1972: Tout ce que j'aime / Les enfants
- 1972: De wereld waar ik van droom
- 1974: God laat ons vrij
- 1976: 'n Dag als vandaag
- 1980: Dromentrein
- 1981: Avonturen
- 1982: Oog in oog
- 1983: De beste van Lenny Kuhr (compilation album)
- 1986: Quo vadis
- 1988: Lenny Kuhr (compilation album)
- 1990: Het beste van Lenny Kuhr (compilation album)
- 1990: De blauwe nacht
- 1992: Heilig vuur
- 1994: Altijd heimwee
- 1997: Gebroken stenen (also released in German as Gebrochene Steine)
- 1997: Stemmen in de nacht
- 1999: Oeverloze liefde
- 2000: Visite (compilation album)
- 2001: Hollands glorie (compilation album)
- 2001: Fadista
- 2004: Op de grens van jou en mij
- 2005: Panta Rhei
- 2007: 40 Jaar verliefd (live album)
- 2010: Hollands glorie (compilation album)
- 2010: Mijn liedjes mijn leven (CD/DVD boxset)
- 2011: Liefdeslied
- 2013: Wie ben je
- 2017: Gekust door de eeuwigheid
- 2019: Het lied gaat door
- 2021: Favorieten Expres (compilation album)
- 2022: Lenny Kuhr
- Official website (in Dutch)