|Directed by||Jayaprakash Radhakrishnan|
|Produced by||Jayaprakash Radhakrishnan|
|Written by||Jayaprakash Radhakrishnan|
|Music by||Siddharth Vipin (Malayalam) |
G. V. Prakash Kumar (Tamil)
|Cinematography||S. R. Kathir|
G. B. Venkatesh,
|Distributed by||LJ Films (Malayalam) |
Grassroot Film Company (Tamil)
|17 June 2016 (Malayalam)|
12 May 2017 (Tamil)
Lens is a bilingual hostage drama written and directed by Jayaprakash Radhakrishnan made simultaneously in Malayalam and Tamil. Dealing with the subject of voyeurism, it features Anandsami and Jayaprakash in the lead roles.
Lens has been screened in several film festivals including Clam - Festival Internacional de Cinema Solidari South Asian International film festival Jagran film festival Chennai International Film Festival, Pune International Film Festival, Bengaluru International Film Festival , Lonavala International Film Festival, and Bioscope International Film Festival in Delhi. The Malayalam version was distributed by LJ Films and the Tamil version is distributed by director Vetrimaaran under his company Grassroot Film Company.
The film was later released on Netflix 
Aravind’s (Jayaprakash Radhakrishnan) growing estrangement with his wife, owing to his indulgence in virtual sexual relationships, paves way for his encounter with a stranger. This random experience takes a turn for the worst when the stranger requests Aravind to witness his suicide on a Skype call.
- Anand Sami as Yohan
- Jayaprakash Radhakrishnan as Aravind
- Vinutha Lal as Angel
- Misha Ghoshal as Swathi
- Kulothungan udayakumar as the Inspector in Munar
Malayalam Director, Vineeth Sreenivasan said "There are so many things i wanted to say about this film. In fact, if the movie was released already, I would have written in detail. For now, I' ll just say this... this film needs to be seen by today's internet-savvy generation. It is relevant, gritty, honest, and it haunts.""
- Best Debut Director --- 19th Gollapudi Srinivas National Award
- Best Screenplay — Lonavala International Film Festival
- Best Direction — Lonavala International Film Festival
- Best Screenplay — Bioscope Global Film Festival
- Best Director ------- 7th Jagaran Film Festival.
- "'Lens' is a hostage drama set in the digital world — Times of India". Retrieved 2016-08-05.
- "LENS (Netflix -Overview)". netflix.com. Retrieved 2018-08-16.
- "Now, a Tamil kidnap drama set in a digital world, Lens". 2015-10-03. Retrieved 2016-08-05.
- "'Lens' movie celebrity review: Vineeth Sreenivasan is all praises for low-budget film". Retrieved 2016-08-05.
- "LIFFI: Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Tannishtha Chatterjee grabs Best Actors awards". 2016-09-05. Retrieved 2016-09-06.
- "Bioscope Global Film Festival". thebioscope.in. Retrieved 2016-08-05.
- Lens on IMDb
- Lens official trailer on YouTube
- Special screening of Lens in Chennai as part of Gollapudi National Awards ceremony.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|