Lenton, Keisby and Osgodby
Lenton, Keisby and Osgodby is a civil parish in South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, England. The population of the civil parish at the 2011 census was 187. It is located along the river and in the valleys of the East Glen at its headwaters near Ingoldsby, where several minor streams join together.
The highest land at the east and west is a small plateau of a Kellaways Sandstone laid down approximately 161 to 165 million years ago in the Jurassic Period. These lie some 80m above sea level. The East Glen valleys cut through this to a slightly older Blisworth Clay Mudstone layer, exposing thin layers on Kellaways clay and Cornbrash limestone on the way. The whole is overlaid with Quaternary glacial till from the recent Pleistocene. The lowest point in the parish is probably about 45m at the Ford in Osgodby, across the east Glen.
There are no major roads in the parish, and no railways.
The main village is
- Lenton ( )
and the hamlets of
- Keisby ( )
- Osgodby ( )
- Hanby ( )
- Little Lavington (
Former medieval village north of modern Lenton. The modern village of Lenton is sometimes called Lavington.
- Osgodby (
Former medieval village near the old Manor and a few hundred metres west of the present hamlet
- Hanby (
Former medieval village south-east of the present hamlet )
- "Parish meeting details". SKDC. Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- "Civil parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- Grantham: Bottesford & Colsterworth (Map) (A1 ed.). 1:25000. Explorer. Ordnance Survey. 3 April 2006. p. 247. ISBN 9780319238332.
- Bourne & Heckington: Billingborough & Morton (Map) (A1 ed.). 1:25000. Explorer. Ordnance Survey. 18 May 2012. p. 248. ISBN 9780319238110.
- Institute of Geological Sciences Geological Maps of England and Wales One-Inch Series Sheet 143 (1967)
- "BGS map of geological information". Retrieved 18 February 2016. - can be zoomed to show the villages
- Historic England. "Folkingham airfield (1395452)". PastScape. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- Historic England. "Thor missile silo airfield (1156464)". PastScape. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- Historic England (2007). "Little Lavington or Lenton (348765)". PastScape. Retrieved 10 April 2010.
- Historic England (2007). "Osgodby (348406)". PastScape. Retrieved 10 April 2010.
- Historic England (2007). "Monument No. 348773". PastScape. Retrieved 10 April 2010.