|Developer(s)||1337 & Senri|
Leo's Fortune is a video game for iOS, Android, Windows Phone and the Amazon App Store developed by 1337 & Senri LLC. The title character is a mustachioed "fluff ball" roly-poly with a thick Eastern European accent. His goal is to recover stolen treasure in the form of gold coins. The player guides Leopold through 2.5 dimensional platform levels. There are currently 24 (including bonus levels), divided into 5 chapters.
Leo is a famous Engineer who comes from a rich family, until one day his entire fortune is stolen. Recounting past experiences, Leo suspects his relatives Cousin Victor, Aunt Olga, and Uncle Sergej, who also lost their fortunes in tragic accidents, of being the culprits. Leo sets out to find the thief, and is followed by the steaming apparatus, the machine that keeps the world in order, who is seemingly faltering at its job as thorns and traps keep appearing all over the land. After travelling through trails, harbors, desert ruins and mountains, he encounters his relatives who turn out to not be the thieves and lead him to a snowy landscape where Leo finds the steam apparatus's facility. There, Leo encounters his wife Matilda, who had left years ago without Leo noticing, and had taken his gold because she believed it "took his decency". She leads him to his gold, but on the way Leo discovers the apparatus has no more liquid metal to be able to continue its job. Leo makes the decision to give his gold to the machine, thus losing his fortune again. Matilda, thankful for his kindness, walks home with Leo.
The game is a 2D sidescroller that is played using touch controls. Leo can slide along the ground to move and can jump by tapping the screen. Leo can also inflate to descend slower and solve certain puzzles and platforming challenges. There are gold coin's trailed throughout the levels, collecting them all will earn a star at the end of the stage, along with not losing any lives and completing the level in a certain timeframe. The stars are used to play bonus levels.
The game has a Metacritic rating of 84% based on 22 critic reviews.
- Leo's Fortune is the most beautiful platformer on iOS, and it's a ton of fun, too by Mike Wehner Apr 25th 2014 TUAW
- Leo's Fortune review Mac Life
- "'Leo's Fortune' Review - A Treasured Platformer". TouchArcade. 2014-04-28. Retrieved 2019-02-28.
- "Leo's 1337 & Senri LLC". IphoneAppFreelancer.com. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "New on PlayStation Store: Tearaway Unfolded, Beyond Eyes, Leo's Fortune, more". PlayStation.Blog.Europe. 2015-09-08. Retrieved 2019-02-28.
- "Leo's Fortune - HD Edition on Steam". store.steampowered.com. Retrieved 2019-02-28.
- "Leo's Fortune". Metacritic. Retrieved 2019-02-28.