|Traded as||Nasdaq Stockholm: LEO SDB|
|Founded||2011 in Sweden|
Gustaf Hagman (CEO)|
Robin Ramm-Ericson (CXO)
Number of locations
Stockholm, Group HQ|
Malta, Gaming Ltd
|Nordics, United Kingdom, Europe|
LeoVegas Live Casino
Number of employees
LeoVegas is a Swedish mobile gaming company and provider of online casino and sports betting services such as table games, video slots, progressive jackpots, video poker and live betting to a number of international markets. LeoVegas Gaming Ltd. is a subsidiary of LeoVegas AB, the parent company whose stock is traded on the Nasdaq First North Premier list at the Stockholm Stock Exchange.
Leovegas was founded in 2011 by Gustaf Hagman (Group CEO) and Robin Ramm-Ericson (Chairman of the Board & CXO) with the vision to create the ultimate mobile gaming experience and be number one in mobile casino.
LeoVegas has experienced rapid growth due to the overriding increase of smartphone use and a “mobile first” mentality of its founders. Gustaf Hagman stated that the company "was born out of the smartphone, which today is the fastest growing channel for entertainment." As a result the company has over 700 employees working for the provider.
The initial stock market offering of the company took place on 17 March 2016. Financial advisers in the transaction were Carnegie Investment Bank and SEB, as Joint Global Coordinators and Book-runners. Legal advisers were Baker McKenzie while Avanza Bank AB was appointed as LeoVegas' certified adviser. At the time of the initial listing of the company stock was heavily oversubscribed.
In advance of the initial public offering (IPO) LeoVegas announced a 124% increase in annual revenue of €83m for 2015 compared to €37m 2014. Depositing customers for both years and 2013 were as follows; 54,283 (2013), 100, 745 (2014), 202,498 (2015).
On 13 May 2016, one month before the UEFA Euro 2016 football tournament, LeoVegas launched its sports betting product LeoVegas Sport. At the time of launch, CEO of LeoVegas Gaming Ltd. Johan Styren stated that fast loading speeds and the mobile-first approach would be integral to growth in the live betting market for mobile.
On 1 March 2017 LeoVegas has acquired the 100% of the Italian operator Winga s.r.l. for a reported fee of €6 millions, entering the Italian online gambling market. The Italian online platform and website became fully operative on 17 November 2017.
On 19 June 2017, LeoVegas signed a two-year deal with EFL Championship club Brentford to become both their new shirt and title sponsor. They followed it up a week later, on 26 June, by signing a three-year deal with Norwich City.
The company headquarters are in Stockholm, whereas the brand "LeoVegas" is owned by LeoVegas Gaming Ltd. which is based in Malta. Technical development is conducted by a further subsidiary of the group, Gears of Leo, based in Sweden.
The online casino and sports betting products are licensed and regulated under the service of the Maltese Lottery and Gaming Authority (MGA). In the United Kingdom, the company operates in compliance with UK Gambling Commission requirements.
LeoVegas offers a number of casino games from game providers including; NetEnt, Yggdrasil, Evolution Gaming, IGT, Play N’ Go, Playtech, Microgaming, Authentic Gaming, Bally and WMS. Some of the casino games offered are Roulette, Blackjack, Baccarat and Caribbean Stud Poker.
The LeoVegas sportsbook uses the Kambi platform for front end user interface, odds compilation and customer intelligence.
Awards and Prizes
- 2013 - "Best Innovation in Casino of the Year", EGR Nordic Awards
- 2014 - "Best Mobile Product of the Year", EGR Nordic Awards
- 2015 "Affiliate Program of the Year" & "Slots Operator of the Year", EGR Nordic Awards
- 2015 - "Grand Prize Award", GP Bullhound Summit
- 2016 - "Mobile Operator of the Year", "Casino Operator of the Year" & "Nordic Operator of the Year" EGR Nordic Awards
- 2016 - "Online Casino Operator of the Year", International Gaming awards
- 2016 - "Casino Operator of the Year", Gaming Intelligence Awards
- 2016 - "The Best Mobile Marketing Campaign of the Year" & "Best CRM Campaign of the Year"
- 2017 - "Online Casino Operator of the Year", International Gaming Awards
- "Välkommen till LeoVegas AB - The mobile gaming company". leovegasgroup.com. Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- Lawson, Scott (July 10, 2018). "LeoVegas Has More Changes for Its Group Management Team".
- Nordic, Nasdaq. "NASDAQ STOCKHOLM WELCOMES LEOVEGAS TO FIRST NORTH PREMIER". Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- "LeoVegas – Carnegie Corporate Finance". Carnegie Corporate Finance. Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- AB, LeoVegas. "LeoVegas AB: The mobile gaming company LeoVegas offering was significantly over-subscribed - trading on Nasdaq First North Premier commences today". Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- LeoVegas Mobile Gaming Group, Annual Report 2015; Retrieved 2016-09-12
- "LeoVegas successfully launch their new sports betting product". Calvin Ayre News. Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- "LeoVegas CEO: Newly-launched sportsbook's loading speeds "thump" our competitors' times". www.gamblinginsider.com. Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- "LeoVegas completes the acquisition of the Italian gaming operator Winga". globenewswire.com. March 1, 2017. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- Menmuir, Ted (February 21, 2017). "Veni vidi vici…LeoVegas acquires Winga Italia for €6 million". sbcnews.co.uk. SBC News. Retrieved February 18, 2017.
- "LeoVegas new Shirt Sponsor and Title Partners". www.brentfordfc.com. June 19, 2017. Retrieved September 11, 2017.
- "City announce new principal club partner". www.canaries.co.uk. June 26, 2017. Retrieved September 11, 2017.
- "Leo Vegas buys Royal Panda in it's largest ever purchase". Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- "Deposits and Withdrawals". Retrieved 3 February 2017.
- "Is LeoVegas Safe?". Retrieved 3 February 2017.
- "- EGR Magazine". www.egrmagazine.com. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- "Winners". Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- "LeoVegas Celebrates Double-win at EGR Operator Awards". Calvin Ayre News. Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- "LeoVegas, Sigfox and Jobandtalent take home the awards at GP Bullhound's European Unicorn Summit | GP Bullhound". GP Bullhound. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
- "EGR Nordics Awards 2016 - Categories". Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- "IGA Winners 2016". Gaming Awards. 2015-12-01. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
- Administrator. "The Gaming Intelligence Awards - Gaming Intelligence". www.gamingintelligence.com. Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- "Winners". Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- "LeoVegas Review". Retrieved 2017-02-14.