|Duration (tropical, western)||July 23 – August 23 (2019, UT1)|
|Constellation||constellation of Leo|
|Detriment||Saturn and Uranus|
New millennium astrological chart
Leo (♌) (Greek: Λέων, Leōn), is the fifth astrological sign of the zodiac. It corresponds to the constellation Leo and comes after Cancer and before Virgo. The traditional Western zodiac associates Leo with the period between July 23 and August 22, and the sign spans the 120th to 150th degree of celestial longitude.
Leo is associated with fire, and its modality is fixed. Under the tropical zodiac, the Sun transits this area on average between July 23 and August 22 each year, and under the sidereal zodiac, the Sun currently transits this area from approximately August 16 to September 15. The constellation Leo is associated with the mythological Nemean lion. Its opposite sign is Aquarius.
- Astronomical Applications Department 2011.
- "Leo". Encyclopædia Britannica. United States: Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc. 2017. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- Swift, Jackson (2015). "Astrology: Tropical Zodiac and Sidereal Zodiac". goarticles.com. Archived from the original on December 23, 2015. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
- Atsma, Aaron J. "Nemean Lion". The Theoi Project: Greek mythology. Retrieved July 27, 2016.
- "Leo". Windows to the Universe. Arlington, Virginia: National Science Teachers Association. Retrieved July 27, 2016.
- Astronomical Applications Department (2011). Multiyear Computer Interactive Almanac. 2.2.2. Washington DC: US Naval Observatory. Longitude of Sun, apparent geocentric ecliptic of date, interpolated to find time of crossing 0°, 30°....
- The dictionary definition of Leo at Wiktionary
- Media related to Leo at Wikimedia Commons
- Warburg Institute Iconographic Database (over 300 medieval and early modern images of Leo)