|Duration (tropical, western)||July 22 – August 22 (2016, UT1)|
|Constellation||constellation of Leo|
New millennium astrological chart
Leo (♌) is the fifth astrological sign of the zodiac, originating from the constellation of Leo. It comes after Cancer and before Virgo. It spans the 120-150th degree of the Tropical zodiac, between 125.25 and 152.75 degree of celestial longitude. Under the tropical zodiac, the Sun transits this area on average between July 23 and August 22 each year, and under the sidereal zodiac, the Sun currently transits this area from approximately August 16 to September 15. The symbol of the lion is based on the Nemean lion, a lion with an impenetrable hide.
- Astronomical Applications Department (2011). Multiyear Computer Interactive Almanac. 2.2.2. Washington DC: US Naval Observatory. Longitude of Sun, apparent geocentric ecliptic of date, interpolated to find time of crossing 0°, 30°....
- Atsma, Aaron J. (c. 2015). "Nemean Lion". The Theoi Project: Greek mythology. Retrieved January 17, 2016.
- Keen, Athena (2014). Cosmic Astrology: The Book of Answers. The Oracle's Library. p. 251. ISBN 978-0-578-15158-8.
- Swift, Jackson (2015). "Astrology: Tropical Zodiac and Sidereal Zodiac". goarticles.com. Archived from the original on 18 November 2015. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- The dictionary definition of Leo at Wiktionary
- Media related to Leo at Wikimedia Commons
- Warburg Institute Iconographic Database (over 300 medieval and early modern images of Leo)