|Born||1974 (age 44–45)|
|Notable works||Redundant (2001)|
Lucky Dog (2004)
I'll Be The Devil (2008)
Boy (play) (2016)
Leo Butler (born 1974 in Sheffield) is a British playwright. His plays have been staged, among others, by the Royal Court Theatre, the Royal Shakespeare Company and the National Theatre. His plays have been published by A & C Black. His 2001 play Redundant won the George Devine Award. Between 2005 and 2014 he was Playwriting Tutor for the Royal Court Young Writers Programme.
- All You Need Is LSD (2018) produced by Told By An Idiot theatre company, premiered at Birmingham Repertory Theatre, directed by Paul Hunter and Stephen Harper.
- Woyzeck (2018) an adaptation of Georg Buchner's original play premiered at Birmingham Repertory Theatre, directed by Roxana Silbert, choreographed by Rosie Kay.
- Decades (2016) premiered at the Ovalhouse theatre, produced and performed by the BRIT School, directed by Eva Sampson.
- Boy (2016) premiered at the Almeida Theatre, directed by Sacha Wares
- Sixty-Nine (2012) premiered at The Pleasance Courtyard, Edinburgh Festival Fringe, directed by Donnacadh O'Briain
- Could You Please Close The Door Please? (2012) premiered at Berlin Schaubuhne as part of the Festival of International Drama.
- Alison! : A Rock Opera (2012) co-written with Dan Persad premiered at King's Head Theatre, directed by Nick Bagnall
- Juicy Fruits (2011) produced by Paines Plough, premiered at Oran Mor, directed by George Perrin
- Faces In The Crowd (2008) premiered at Royal Court Theatre, directed by Clare Lizzimore
- I'll Be The Devil (2008) produced by the Royal Shakespeare Company, premiered at Tricycle Theatre, directed by Ramin Gray
- Airbag (2007) a collaboration with Nigerian choreographer Anthony Odey, premiered as a Rough Cut at the Royal Court Theatre
- Heroes (2007) premiered by touring with the National Theatre, directed by Samantha Potter
- The Early Bird (2006) premiered at Queen's Theatre in the Belfast Festival, directed by Rachel O'Riordan
- Lucky Dog (2004) premiered at Royal Court Theatre, directed by James Macdonald
- Devotion (2002) produced by Theatre Centre premiered at Redbridge Drama Centre, directed by Liam Steel
- Redundant (2001) premiered at Royal Court Theatre, directed by Dominic Cooke
- Made of Stone (2000) premiered as part of the Young Writers' Festival at Royal Court Theatre, directed by Deborah Bruce
- Self Made (2011 documentary) co-written with Gillian Wearing, UK Film Council/Northern Film & Media, premiered at the London Film Festival 2011.
- http://www.doollee.com/PlaywrightsB/butler-leo.html Profile at doolee.com
- skyron.co.uk. "404". Archived from the original on 26 July 2012.
- "Teach First Acts – Duncan Macmillan & Leo Butler - Matt Trueman".
- "All You Need Is LSD".
- "Woyzeck". Retrieved 2018-04-01.
- Vannozzi, Debbie. "Decades by Leo Butler - Ovalhouse".
- "Boy". Almeida Theatre. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Sixty-Nine", Pleasence, Courtyard, 2012
- "F.I.N.D Festival 2012" (PDF). Retrieved 2018-26-12. Check date values in:
- "Alison! A Rock Opera", King's Head Theatre, 2012
- "Juicy Fruits", Oran Mor, 2011, archived from the original on 15 October 2011
- "Faces In The Crowd", Royal Court Theatre, 2008
- "I'll Be The Devil", Tricycle Theatre, 2008
- "Leo Butler".
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 June 2015. Retrieved 23 June 2015.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "PlayographyIreland - The Early Bird".
- "Lucky Dog", Royal Court Theatre, 2004
- "Devotion - Shows - Theatre Centre".
- "Redundant", Royal Court Theatre, 2001
- "Self Made", UK Film Council, 2011