|Born||Leonardo Aurellio Randy Fitzpatrick
August 10, 1978
Montclair, New Jersey, U.S.
He was discovered at age 14 by director Larry Clark at Washington Square Park in New York City, skateboarding. Fitzpatrick was trying to perform certain skating tricks, and every time he was unsuccessful, he would scream and curse. Clark cast him in the movie Kids and later in his follow-up feature, Bully.
He has appeared in numerous films since his work with Clark, including Storytelling and City of Ghosts. After finishing Storytelling, he was cast in the Robert Redford vehicle The Last Castle (2001). Two days before filming was to begin, he was in Los Angeles and was leaving a friend's party and was hit by a drunk driver. His leg suffered severe nerve and muscle damage, and he was unable to walk for a month and had to go through physical therapy. He was dropped from The Last Castle as a result.
In 2000, he appeared in Bam Margera's CKY2K. He also appeared in CKY3 in 2001. From 2002–2004, he starred on the critically acclaimed HBO series The Wire as Johnny Weeks and followed that up with a string of guest roles on several television series including My Name Is Earl, Carnivale and Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
In 2010, Fitzpatrick appeared in FX's TV series Sons of Anarchy. In 2013, he starred alongside Bryan Cranston in the film Cold Comes the Night. In 2015, he appeared in the Season 2 finale of Broad City as the runaway son of Patricia Clarkson's character.
Fitzpatrick has been in a relationship with creative director, Chrissie Miller, since 2008. They welcomed their first child, a son named Otis Miller Fitzpatrick, on February 26th, 2016.
- Cold Comes the Night (2013)
- Doomsdays (2013) as Bruho
- The Heart, She Holler (2011, 2013) (TV series)
- Some Guy Who Kills People (2011) as Irv
- Sons of Anarchy (2010) (TV series) as Prospect Shepard (2 episodes)
- The Kill Point (2007) (TV series) as Mr. Mouse
- How to Rob a Bank (2007) as Gunman
- My Name Is Earl (2005, 2007) (TV series) as Sonny (4 episodes)
- Fay Grim (2006) as Carl Fogg
- Carnivale (2005) (TV series) as Ern (2 episodes)
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2004) (TV series) as Rickie "Chops" Cozza (1 episode)
- The Wire (2002–2004) (TV series) as Johnny Weeks
- Serendipity (2001) as Leasing Office Temp
- Storytelling (2001) as Marcus
- Bully (2001) as Derek Kaufman
- Another Day in Paradise (1997) as Guard
- Kids (1995) as Telly
- Davis, Peter. "Leo Fitzpatrick: reluctant actor", PaperMag.com, April 2002. (archived page)
- 'Some Guy Who Kills People' One Sheet Debut! at Bloody Disgusting
- Biography page for Leo Fitzpatrick at the Internet Movie Database