Map of Iloilo with Leon highlighted
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|Legislative district||2nd district of Iloilo|
|• Mayor||Rolito C. Cajilig|
|• Total||140.20 km2 (54.13 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||360/km2 (920/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)33|
Leon is a second class municipality in the province of Iloilo, Philippines. Located in the southwestern part of Iloilo Province, it is 36 kilometres (22 mi) from Iloilo City. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 49,875 people.
It has a total land area of 14,020 hectares (34,600 acres) of which 276.16 hectares is classified as an urban area and 13,728.84 hectares as rural land. It is bounded by the municipalities of Alimodian in the north, San Miguel in the east, Tigbauan and Tubungan in the south, and San Remegio, Antique, in the west.
It is known as the "Vegetable Basket of Iloilo Province" due to its supply of asparagus, cabbages, baguio beans, sayote, eggplants, carrots and other vegetables.
A popular tourist attraction in the municipality is the Bucari Mountain Range, which is known as the Summer Capital of Iloilo and Vegetable Garden of Iloilo.
- Agboy Norte
- Agboy Sur
- Bayag Norte
- Bayag Sur
- Biri Norte
- Biri Sur
- Capt. Fernando
- Coyugan Norte
- Coyugan Sur
- Isian Norte
- Isian Victoria
- Jamog Gines
- Siol Norte
- Siol Sur
- Tacuyong Norte
- Tacuyong Sur
- Tina-an Norte
- Tina-an Sur
|Population census of Leon|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Leon, Iloilo, was 49,875 people, with a density of 360 inhabitants per square kilometre or 930 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "Province: Iloilo". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Iloilo". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Municipal Government Website
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|San Remigio, Antique||Alimodian
|This article about a location in Western Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|