In 1968, when he was 14 years old, Leon won first place in the Sunday Observer's national political cartoon competition. With Colin Gill in 2005 he co-authored the book Topple the Mighty "about knocking down statues of unpopular leaders". The book's foreword was by George Galloway, who Kuhn helped during the United Kingdom general election, 2005. Some of his work was used by Respect – The Unity Coalition from 2005 to 2008 and by the Stop the War Coalition from 2007 onwards. His Statue of Liberty work was used in the film Children of Men.
- Big Bang for Bureaucrats: Incorporating an Activist's Anti-nuclear Primer by Leon Kuhn (11 Nov 1983; Burning Issues Ltd; ISBN 978-0-9509045-0-4)
- Statue of Liberty or how the rest of the world sees America. Postcard, 2004
- Topple the Mighty by Leon Kuhn and Colin Gill. (2005, Friction; ISBN 978-0-9549507-4-3)
- Off/On. Postcard, 2009
- Bird, Chris (2013-12-20). "Leon Kuhn, anti-war and political cartoonist: 1954-2013". Counterfire.
- Dalton, Paisley (2008-01-07). "Anarchy Goes Etablissement". Zeitgeistworld. Retrieved 2009-11-27.
two infinitely more powerful paintings by celebrated anti-war cartoonist Leon Kuhn- The Proud Parents and 3 Guilty Men
- Labour Research Department; Fabian Research Department (2005). Labour research. 4. Labour Research Dept. p. 27. Retrieved 2009-11-27.
Topple the mighty
- "aims". Artists Against the War. Retrieved 2009-11-27.
- MAD DOGS video at 40 seconds
- Stothard, Peter (2005-09-26). "WBLG: Topple the mighty". The Times. Retrieved 2009-11-27.
- stopwar.org.uk's search results for kuhn
- Children of Men (Motion picture). 2006-09-22.
"STATUE OF LIBERTY" BY LEON KUHN © 2006. USED BY PERMISSION.
- MAD DOGS & ENGLISHMEN, THE ART OF LEON KUHN. Dawit Smallmoney. 2009-03-01. Retrieved 2009-11-27. - 11 minute film introducing his political cartoons and activism
- Leon Kuhn's website archived
- A collection of Leon Kuhn's cartoons at www.SpideredNews.com
- Obituary in Socialist Worker.
|This article about an illustrator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|