Leon McFadden (American football)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|No. 37 New York Giants|
|Date of birth:||October 26, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Inglewood, California|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||190 lb (86 kg)|
|High school:||Bellflower (CA) St. John Bosco|
|College:||San Diego State|
|NFL draft:||2013 / Round: 3 / Pick: 68|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 10, 2015|
Leon McFadden, Jr. (born October 26, 1990) is an American football cornerback for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at San Diego State.
McFadden attended St. John Bosco High School in Bellflower, California, and played high school football for the Bosco Braves. He recorded 32 receptions for an average of 16.3 yards per catch, including seven touchdowns and was selected to the Trinity League first-team defense after he recorded 48 tackles and four interceptions in 2008.
Mcfadden was also a standout athlete for the St. John Bosco High School track team. He was timed at 10.9 seconds in the 100 meters in 2008. He also had a career-best leap of 6.46 meters in the long jump.
McFadden attended San Diego State University, where he played for the San Diego State Aztecs football team from 2009 to 2012. During his college career, he accumulated 168 tackles, including 13 for loss, 39 pass break ups and eight interceptions, and was a first-team All-Mountain West Conference (MWC) selection for three consecutive years, from his sophomore through senior seasons.
New York Jets
San Francisco 49ers
McFadden signed with the San Francisco 49ers during the 2014 season. He was released on September 5, 2015.
New York Giants
On October 21, 2015, the New York Giants signed McFadden to their active roster from the Arizona Cardinals practice squad. On December 5, 2015, the New York Giants waived McFadden. On December 8, 2015, he was re-signed to the practice squad. On January 4, 2016, McFadden signed a reserve/future contract with the Giants.
- "Cleveland Browns select Leon McFadden, San Diego State DB, in the 3rd round of NFL Draft 2013". cleveland.com. Retrieved 2013-09-05.
- "Browns release Leon McFadden". nbcsports.com. Retrieved 2014-08-31.
- Lange, Randy (August 31, 2014). "Jets Acquire CB Leon McFadden on Waivers". New York Jets. Archived from the original on August 31, 2014. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- Cimini, Rich (September 11, 2014). "Jets waive CB Leon McFadden". ESPN New York. Archived from the original on September 11, 2014. Retrieved September 11, 2014.
- Urban, Darren (September 7, 2015). "Practice Squad Set For Cardinals". AZCardinals.com. Retrieved September 11, 2015.
- "Giants sign LB James Morris to active roster; waive CB Leon McFadden". www.giants.com. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- Eisen, Michael (December 8, 2015). "Giants place LS Zak DeOssie, TE Larry Donnell on IR". Giants.com. Retrieved December 19, 2015.
- Raanan, Jordan (January 4, 2016). "Giants sign 6 players to reserve/future contracts". NJ.com. Retrieved January 11, 2016.