||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2013)|
Leonard Brody has been called a “controversial torchbearer for this new world order.” He is an entrepreneur, venture capitalist, best-selling author  and a 2 time Emmy nominated   media visionary. He has helped in raising millions of dollars for startup companies, been through one of the largest internet IPOs  in history and has been involved in the building, financing and/or sale of five companies to date. Brody was recently awarded Canada's Top 40 Under 40.
In 2004, Brody co-founded, and was CEO of, NowPublic, a citizen journalism online news source. The company was named by Time Magazine as one of the top 50 websites in the world, was inducted into the Newseum in Washington and was recently acquired by the Anschutz Corporation. Currently he sits as the President of the Clarity Digital Group  responsible for overseeing one of the largest online news conglomerates in the world including Examiner.com and NowPublic, which between them, share over 30 million unique visitors a month and over 300,000 contributors.
Brody was the Senior Technology Advisor to the Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs & International Trade. Currently, he is one of the co-founders of GrowLab, a Vancouver & San Francisco based accelerator..
His work has been featured in such publications as Fortune, the Wall Street Journal, the BBC and the New York Times . He is co-author of the best selling books, “Innovation Nation: Canadian Leadership from Jurassic Park to Java” and “Everything I Needed to Know About Business...I Learned from a Canadian” both published by John Wiley & Sons.
Brody owns a stake in Coventry City Football Club in the UK and until November 2011 served on the board. During his time Brody attempted to engage with fans via Twitter and suggested some rather radical proposals such as "Text a Sub" where fans could text in who should be substituted during a game. His ideas were met with derision from the majority of the Coventry fan base.
- Innovation Nation: Canadian Leadership from Jurassic Park to Java. ISBN 0-470-83202-9 (with Ken Grant, Matt Holland (writer) - Toronto: Wiley, 2002.
- Everything I Needed to Know About Business...I learned from a Canadian. Toronto: Wiley, 2005. ISBN 0-470-83637-7 (with David Raffa)
- The Prime of Leonard Brody | NowPublic, Vancouver, and Citizen Journalism | Tony Wanless | BCBusiness
- Leonard Brody: Executive Profile & Biography - BusinessWeek
- NowPublic.com - 50 Best Websites 2007 - TIME
- Examiner.com Buys NowPublic, a Citizen-Media Web Site - NYTimes.com
- Wiley::Search Results
- Amazon.ca: Leonard Brody : Books