Leonard Davis (judge)
|Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas|
|Preceded by||David Folsom|
|Succeeded by||Ron Clark|
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas|
May 10, 2002 – May 15, 2015
|Appointed by||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Paul N. Brown|
|Born||1948 (age 67–68)
Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Texas at Arlington
Texas Christian University
Baylor Law School
Born in Fort Worth, Texas received a B.A. in Mathematics from the University of Texas at Arlington in 1970, and his Master of Management Science Degree from Texas Christian University in 1974. Davis was also in the Texas Army National Guard from 1970 to 1973, and worked as a computer programmer and systems analyst prior to entering law school in 1974. He graduated cum laude and first in his class from Baylor Law School in 1976, where he was Editor-in-Chief of the Baylor Law Review and a member of Baylor's interscholastic moot court and mock trial teams.
On January 23, 2002, Davis was nominated by President George W. Bush to a seat on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas vacated by Paul N. Brown. Davis was confirmed by the United States Senate on May 9, 2002, and received his commission on May 10, 2002. He was sworn in on May 15, 2002. He served as Chief Judge from 2012-2015. He retired from active service on May 15, 2015. He has received an American Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in Contracts and Federal Courts. He was primarily assigned patent lawsuits in the U.S. district court.
- "Biographical Directory of Federal Judges: Davis, Leonard E.". Federal Judicial Center.
- "The Chambers of the Honorable Leonard Davis, District Judge". United States District Court.
- "Judge Leonard Davis: Biography" (PDF). United States District Court. 2007-01-30.
- "Dockets & Filings by Leonard Davis". justia.com.
|Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
Paul N. Brown
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Gregg Keizer (2009-08-12). "Judge orders Microsoft to pay $300M in Word patent case". Computerworld.
- Leonard Davis at the Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, a public domain publication of the Federal Judicial Center.