Leonard Solomon Silk (1918–1995) was an American economist, author, and journalist. Silk's diverse areas of interest included global economics, unemployment, banking, and inflation. Silk wrote for Business Week between 1954-1969. He also wrote for the New York Times between 1970–1993, first writing editorials, then beginning in 1976, his own column.
- The Research Revolution. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1960.
- The Economists. New York: Avon Books, 1974.
- Ethics and Profits: The Crisis of Confidence in American Business, with David Vogel. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1976.
- Economics in Plain English. Simon and Schuster, 1978.
- Ideals in Collision: The Relationship Between Business & the News Media, with Rawleigh Warner, Jr. Pittsburgh: Carnegie-Mellon University Press, 1979.
- The American Establishment, with Mark Silk. New York: Basic Books, 1980.
- Economics in the Real World. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1984.
- Capitalism, the Moving Target. New York: Praeger, 1974.
- People: From Impoverishment to Empowerment, with Üner Kirdar. New York University Press, 1995.
- 1961 Gerald Loeb Award for Magazines for "The United States Invents a New Way to Grow"
- 1977 Gerald Loeb Memorial Award
- 1995 Gerald Loeb Lifetime Achievement Award
- "Leonard Silk Papers, 1929-1985 and undated, bulk 1950-1985". Rubenstein Library, Duke University. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- Uchitelle, Louis (1995-02-12). "Leonard Silk Dies at 76; Times Columnist Helped the Public to Understand Economics". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- Welles, Benjamin. "America's Establishment': A Close-Up Look; The American Establishment, by Leonard Silk and Mark Silk. New York: Basic Books. $13.95." The Christian Science Monitor, October 14, 1980.
- Liebman, Walter H. "Balancing the Books." Review of The American Establishment, by Leonard Silk and Mark Silk. Barron's National Business and Financial Weekly [Boston, Mass.], Vol. 60, No. 49, December 8, 1980, p. 37.
- "Finance writers win Loeb Awards". The New York Times. May 23, 1962. pp. 63, 69. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- "Loeb Award Goes To Silk". The Lawton Constitution. 75 (268). Associated Press. August 17, 1977. p. 7. Retrieved February 27, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Government Investment Series Wins Loeb Award". Los Angeles Times. May 2, 1995. Retrieved February 1, 2019.
|This biography of an American economist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|