||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Leonardo Nam (born November 1979) is an Argentine Australian actor of Korean descent.
Nam was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, to Korean immigrant parents. At the age of six, he moved to Sydney, Australia. Nam attended Sydney Technical High School and studied architecture at the University of New South Wales. Nam left Sydney to follow his dreams of an acting career in New York City, United States at the age of 19. He studied with several acting teachers in New York, namely Austin Pendleton and William Carden at HB Studio. His brother is a choreographer, and his sister is a teacher; they both live in the United Kingdom.
Before his Hollywood success, he struggled to make ends meet by working at Lotus Bar in the Meatpacking District of New York and acted in Georgia Lee's Educated with Fay Ann Lee. His breakthrough role came in his performance of Roy in The Perfect Score (2004). He had a small role in the 2005 film The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants as Brian McBrian, a hardcore gamer. He played Brian again in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2; in the sequel, his character has a larger role. Nam also made an appearance in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006) as Morimoto. In 2016, he joined the cast of the HBO series Westworld.
- Educated (2001) – John
- Target Practice (2001) – Sax
- Meridian (2002) – Tall
- Homework (2002) – Student
- Hacks (2002) – Phuong
- Nobody's Perfect (2002) – Teo
- The Perfect Score (2004) – Roy
- Debating Robert Lee (2004) – Jordan Kramer
- Little Athens (2005) – Kwon
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005) – Brian McBrian
- Room 10 (2006) – Shane
- 10 Items or Less (2006) – Sales Kid
- Undoing (2006) – Joon
- The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006) – Morimoto
- American Pastime (2007) – Lane
- Finishing the Game (2007) – Eli
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (2008) – Brian McBrian
- Half-Life (2008) – Scott Parker
- Vantage Point (2008) – Kevin Cross
- Crossing Over (2009) – Kwan
- He's Just Not That into You (2009) – Joshua
- One for the Money (2012) - John Cho
- Nice Girls Crew (2014) - Donatello
- Someone Else (2015) - Will
- Westworld (2016) - Felix Lutz
- Altered Carbon (TBA) - Stronghold Kovacs
- "DiCaprio Who? The Other Leo". UCLA International Institute. 20 August 2004. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- Pham, Jason (21 February 2017). "Leonardo Nam went from sleeping in Central Park to HBO's 'Westworld'". NBC News. NBC. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- "An interview with Leonardo Nam". IGN. 29 January 2004. Retrieved 4 October 2014.