|Traded as||FWB: LEO|
|Dieter Bellé, CEO|
|Products||Power, instrumentation and telecommunications cables, cable harnesses|
|Revenue||€4.922 billion (2017)|
|€78 million (2016)|
Number of employees
|86,340 (31 December 2017)|
Leoni Wiring Systems Southeast
Leoni AG owns Leoni Wiring Systems Southeast, established on 3 April 2009, with headquarters in Prokuplje, Serbia. It built its facility in Prokuplje on the foundations of bankrupted company "FIAZ Prokuplje" (asbestos manufacturing) in 2009. In 2013 it was reported that the facility in Prokuplje employed 1,750 people. In August 2013, Leoni Wiring Systems Southeast started building its second facility in Malošište (near Doljevac), worth 21 million euros, that would employ 1,500 people by the end of 2014. In July 2017, Leoni Wiring Systems Southeast opened 6,000 square meter facility in the city of Niš and the opening ceremony was attended by President Aleksandar Vučić.
In 2016, gross revenues were €130.05 million and €6.65 million net income, positioning it as Serbia's 65th largest company by revenue, and 62nd largest by profit. The same year, the company was considered among the 15 largest exporter companies of Serbia, with 147.6 million euros worth of exports.
In 2018, Leoni Wiring Systems Southeast reported that it employs around 6,000 people in three facilities in Prokuplje, Malošište and Niš.
- Cite error: The named reference
gb2017was invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- Annual Report 2017
- Hermann Simon notes the company in his correspondent book as an example of a "Hidden Champion" (Simon, Hermann: Hidden Champions of the 21st Century : Success Strategies of unknown World Market Leaders. London: Springer, 2009.- ISBN 978-0-387-98147-5. P. 39f.)
- Borisavljević, Dragan (23 December 2011). "„Леони" повећава производњу". politika.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 24 March 2018.
- "Počela izgradnja druge fabrike kompanije Leoni u Srbiji". blic.rs (in Serbian). 23 August 2013. Retrieved 15 February 2018.
- "Otvorena fabrika Leoni u Nišu, posao za 1.700 radnika". n1info.com (in Serbian). 18 November 2015. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "Vučić: Leoni postao najveći poslodavac u Srbiji, Niš će u 2018. doživeti "bum"". blic.rs (in Serbian). Tanjug. 29 July 2017. Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- Bjeletić, Gordana (1 August 2017). "Fabrika Leoni zvanično otvorena, ali da li ima proizvodnje?" (in Serbian). Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- "СТО НАЈ... ПРИВРЕДНИХ ДРУШТАВА У РЕПУБЛИЦИ СРБИЈИ У 2016" (PDF). apr.gov.rs (in Serbian). Агенција за привредне регистре. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "Ovo su najveći izvoznici u 2016. godini!". plutonlogistics.com (in Serbian). 12 February 2017. Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- "Leoni gradi fabriku u Kraljevu, posao za 5.000 radnika". n1info.com (in Serbian). Beta. 14 February 2018. Retrieved 15 February 2018.
- Official website
- Documents and clippings about Leoni AG in the 20th Century Press Archives of the German National Library of Economics (ZBW)
|This German corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|