|10th Prime Minister of Abkhazia|
27 September 2011 – 2 June 2014
|Preceded by||Sergei Shamba|
|Succeeded by||Vladimir Delba (Acting)|
|2nd Minister for Foreign Affairs of Abkhazia|
29 June 1995 – 31 July 1996
|Prime Minister||Gennady Gagulia|
|Preceded by||Sokrat Jinjolia|
|Succeeded by||Konstantin Ozgan|
1 January 1947 |
Kutaisi, Soviet Union
Leonid Lakerbaia (Abkhaz: Леонид Ла́крба, Georgian: ლეონიდ ლაკერბაია; born 1 January 1947 in Kutaisi), was the Prime Minister of Abkhazia in the Government of President Ankvab from 27 September 2011 until his resignation on 2 June 2014 following the 2014 Abkhazian political crisis. Lakerbaia is also chairman of the socio-political movement Aitaira (since 2001).
Before becoming Prime Minister, Lakerbaia was Vice-Premier and First Vice-Premier in the government of President Bagapsh (since 24 February 2005) and he was Minister for Foreign Affairs from 29 June 1995 until 31 July 1996 in the Government of President Ardzinba. Lakerbaia was nominated by the People's Party to stand in the 1999 Presidential election but was refused registration by the Central Election Commission, allowing President Vladislav Ardzinba to run unopposed for a second term.
- "Исполняющий обязанности президента Абхазии Валерий Бганба ознакомил членов Кабинета министров со своим первым указом". Apsnypress. 2 June 2014. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Общественно-политическое движение "Айтайра" будет продолжать свою деятельность, как и прежде". Администрация Президента Республики Абхазия. 20 January 2009. Archived from the original on 23 January 2009. Retrieved 20 April 2009.
- "Указ Президента Абхазии №11 от 24.02.2005". Администрация Президента Республики Абхазия. 24 February 2005. Retrieved 21 April 2009.
- "Предыдущие Министры и их Заместители". 2008. Retrieved 20 February 2009.
- "Регистрация средства массовой информации Эл №77 - 8262". Секретные материалы России. Retrieved 18 January 2009.
|Minister for Foreign Affairs
|Prime Minister of Abkhazia
|This Abkhazian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|