This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Education||MSci. & PhD. (Computer Science & Computational Imaging Science|
|Alma mater||California Institute of Technology (Caltech)|
|Known for||Co-founder and CEO of Cognitech|
Rudin is the first author of a highly cited original paper in image processing. He is the co-founder of Forensic Video Processing and 360 Forensic Photogrammetry fields. Between 1989 and 2008, he served as "Principal R&D Investigator" for Defense Advanced Project Agency (DARPA). In 1992, he co-authored and co-designed the first commercial Forensic Video software known as "Video Investigator".
In 1988, Rudin co-founded Cognitech, a company that develops forensic video enhancement software & hardware. Between 2000 and 2008, he served as "Prncipal R&D Investigator" for National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA).
Rudin has several USPTO Patents. He is a member of professional associations such Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), American Academy of Forensic Science (AAFS), and American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS).
Awards and honors
Rudin is the winner of 2010 American Technology Award for PiX2GPS and the winner of DePrima Mathematics Applications Award.
- Adam Vrankulj,"Cognitech Inc announces certification course on forensic video processing for end users". biometricupdate.com. 2013-06-26. Retrieved 2019-10-11.
- "Cognitech Donations of 25 Forensic Video Tri-Suite Software Research Licenses". forensicmag.com. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2019-10-11.
- "Epipolar photogrammetry: a novel method for forensic image". semanticscholar.org. doi:10.1109/ICIP.2005.1530409. S2CID 14885862. Retrieved 2019-10-11. Cite journal requires
- "Lenny Rudin - Publications". semanticscholar.org. Retrieved 2019-10-11.
- "Cognitech Announces Educational Donation of 25 Forensic Video Tri-Suite software Research Licenses to the University of Colorado, National Center for Media Forensics". prweb.com. Retrieved 2019-10-11.
- "Enabling Technologies for Law Enforcement and Security". spie.org. Retrieved 2019-10-11.
- Frank Klimko"The Evidence Is Conclusive, Video Helps Solve Crimes". creativeplanetnetwork.com. 2012-08-20. Retrieved 2019-10-11.
- "OPD gets free facial recognition/video enhancement software to target Occupy Oakland". indybay.org. 2012-02-03. Retrieved 2019-10-11.
- "Cognitech's Face Fusion 3D". daetechsystems.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-10-11.
- "L. Rudin's research while affiliated with University of the Balearic Islands and other places". Retrieved 2019-10-11.
- "Cognitech, Inc. Announces Participation in the American Academy of Forensic Sciences Annual Scientific Meeting and a US Patent Award". prweb.com. Retrieved 2019-10-11.
- "Proceedings International Conference on Image Processing". ieeexplore.ieee.org. doi:10.1109/ICIP.1996.560483. Cite journal requires
- "Upcoming AAFS Annual Meeting". cerias.purdue.edu. Retrieved 2019-10-11.
- "(PDF) Section: Photography and Imaging Bibliography". academia.edu. Retrieved 2019-10-11.
- "Cognitech is the 2010 Winner of the American Technology Award". cognitech.com. Retrieved 2019-10-11.
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (February 2020)